BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Top 20 Rankings Week 10 Discussion

What does Lexington Christian have to do to drop in the polls? They have losses to Scott County (by 50), Trinity (by 35), a bad Dunbar team, a bad Lexington Catholic team, Lafayette, West Jessamine, and have lost two in a row. They are ranked 6th in their region on the region thread but 3rd in the region in this poll. They could potentially be in the 4/5 game of their district.

John Hardin I think had their most impressive win of the season. I don't think there should be any doubt that they are indeed the number 2 team in the state. Of course anything can happen; but I fully expect them to win the region again and make a trip to Rupp at seasons end.

What does Lexington Christian have to do to drop in the polls? They have losses to Scott County (by 50), Trinity (by 35), a bad Dunbar team, a bad Lexington Catholic team, Lafayette, West Jessamine, and have lost two in a row. They are ranked 6th in their region on the region thread but 3rd in the region in this poll. They could potentially be in the 4/5 game of their district.

Who should be in the rankings ahead of them and why?

Who should be in the rankings ahead of them and why?

Madisonville. 19-5 record, 19-3 against Kentucky teams, including a 50-35 win over Lexington Christian.

The Maroons are one team I don't understand why they aren't in the top 20 at this point in the season.

Curious that if Beechwood and Cooper are ranked ahead of Cov Cath in the 9th Region rankings—why are they so far behind in the state rankings?

The regional weekly review is separate from the Top 20 rankings. The same people don't create them. As such, different people have different opinions on how to rank teams in general and what the performance of each team means.

BG is a mess right now and has some things to figure out. That blowout loss to John Hardin wasn’t a surprise at all. I don’t think as of today that BG is better than Warren Central let alone LCA.

Perhaps. It is obviously subjective. I have not seen Bowling Green play this year but I have seen they have won 5 of 6. Maybe they are a mess.

I have probably seen LCA play more than you have this year and they just don't pass the eye test. It's hard to see any team that could fall to the 4 seed in their district be ranked 3rd in their region. They have one player. Either way it will all be sorted out in a couple weeks. This is just good discussion.

Perhaps. It is obviously subjective. I have not seen Bowling Green play this year but I have seen they have won 5 of 6. Maybe they are a mess.

I have probably seen LCA play more than you have this year and they just don't pass the eye test. It's hard to see any team that could fall to the 4 seed in their district be ranked 3rd in their region. They have one player. Either way it will all be sorted out in a couple weeks. This is just good discussion.

Absolutely. I think LCA is a good example of how even a lot of these teams are and because they have that one player who is one of the best in the state they will always get more love than most teams IMO.