Justin Fields Transfer to OSU

GrantNKY

Rumors floating around that Justin Fields Freshmen QB for Georgia is looking to transfer. For those that don’t remember Fields was the #2 QB in last years recruiting rankings behind only Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence and Fields were also the top 2 overall players in the 2018 class according to 247sports. If Fields does indeed transfer it wouldn’t be unprecedented. Since 2011 there have been 19 5 star QBs, if Fields transfers he would be the 11th of those 19 5 star QBs to transfer. Supposedly his top schools are Florida State, Oklahoma, and Ohio State. Fields was also at one time a Penn State commit. His mom has since come out and said there has been no decision made on whether he will transfer, but he will play in the Sugar Bowl and the decision will be made after.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FSU sure could use him....

FSU is definitely in the most dire need. OSU and OU would simply be the rich getting richer. But if I was a QB you’d have a hard time convincing me to play behind that O Line. You’d have to offer me a scholarship and an insurance policy.

If the #1 at Ohio State goes pro as suggested on local sports radio, the Buckeyes could use him.

Haskins is as good as gone. OSU is just fine at QB though without Fields. Martell is going to be a stud, Baldwin while not a super hugely recruited guy was handpicked by Ryan Day over some more highly recruited guys, and we have Dwan Mathis coming in 2019 and Jack Miller coming in 2020. But with that said, give me Justin Fields all day everyday. Dude is gonna be really good. Think Terrelle Pryor 2.0.

What about Kentucky? He would walk right in and play.

Gets to stick it to Georgia every year.

Lexington is the perfect spot for him. :thumb:

Kentucky aside, does Georgia have some kind of restriction to where he cannot transfer to another SEC school?

Kentucky aside, does Georgia have some kind of restriction to where he cannot transfer to another SEC school?

It’s an league wide SEC rule I believe. There are ways around it, but Georgia is going to block him from going to any school on their schedule next year.

It’s an league wide SEC rule I believe. There are ways around it, but Georgia is going to block him from going to any school on their schedule next year.
I know this is not just an SEC football thing, but the fact a school can block where another kid wants to attend college is criminal. I feel for kids because they are unrepresented. I have always felt this practice should be challenged in the courts.

I’d narrow the list to these 5 schools based on reports and Fields relationships:

- Florida State (listed in report)

- Oklahoma (listed in report and has had two straight transfers win Heisman trophy)

- Ohio State (listed in report and has same QB coach as Haskins)

- Penn State (previously committed)

- Miami (Pretty good relationship with Jadon Haselwood 5 Star 2019 WR who is deciding between UGA and Miami)