Hopkinsville over Warren East

Grayson County over Graves County

Bullitt Central over Southern

Lincoln County over Letcher Central

Butler over Central Hardin

Cooper over GRC

Tates Creek over Ryle

Scott County over Campbell County

Of those, I would say Bardstown over Bath was a mild upset, Warren East scoring zero was certainly surprising, maybe Tates Creek over Ryle. Any others?

I like six classes. I think for the most part it makes for more competitive football in the regular season. However, please go to just two teams per district in the playoffs. I understand in NKY and Louisville that means that some good teams may get left out. There is no perfect way to go about it, but that makes the most sense if the state were to stay with six classes.

I like six classes. I think for the most part it makes for more competitive football in the regular season. However, please go to just two teams per district in the playoffs. I understand in NKY and Louisville that means that some good teams may get left out. There is no perfect way to go about it, but that makes the most sense if the state were to stay with six classes.

Just take the top 3 per district, and give the district winner a bye week to start the playoffs.

I don't like the idea of good 3rd place teams missing out, and just taking 3 would be the best way to solve the blowouts and have very few "good" teams left out.

And I personally prefer 6 classes, because I think there isn't a huge size difference between the smallest and largest team per class. Even if you went down to 5 classes, the difference between the bottom school in one class and the middle school of the next class up could potentially be huge.

Colonels - I'd be interested in seeing these same statistics for all rounds of the football playoffs. My guess would be they would be very similar in all the rounds - including the finals. 50% of the games are blowouts. 10% of the games are close (decided by less than 10 points) and the average margin of victory high.

The closest championship game last year was 14 points. Two title games the spread was 28+.

2016 - Three title games 28+. Only one game decided by less than 14.

2015 - Three title games 28+. Only one game decided by less than 14.

Maybe we should just get rid of the playoffs and crown winners at the end of the regular season.