Eagles 34 Giants 13

Giants have Davis Webb & Kyle Lauletta behind Eli. Webb was a 3rd rounder in 2017, and Lauletta was their 4th round pick last year. Lauletta was loved by Bill Belichick, and most assumed the Pats would draft him.

If I'm the G-Men, it's time to move on from Eli and see if either of the young guys can show enough the rest of the season to feel good about the QB situation going forward. If not, Justin Herbert will be there for the taking.

Giants have Davis Webb & Kyle Lauletta behind Eli. Webb was a 3rd rounder in 2017, and Lauletta was their 4th round pick last year. Lauletta was loved by Bill Belichick, and most assumed the Pats would draft him.

If I'm the G-Men, it's time to move on from Eli and see if either of the young guys can show enough the rest of the season to feel good about the QB situation going forward. If not, Justin Herbert will be there for the taking.

Webb was waived by the Giants and picked up by the Jets I believe. I understand the Giants loyalty to Eli (to a point), but he may be playing as the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. It has to be time to see what Lauletta can do.

Webb was waived by the Giants and picked up by the Jets I believe. I understand the Giants loyalty to Eli (to a point), but he may be playing as the worst starting QB in the NFL right now. It has to be time to see what Lauletta can do.

You're right about Webb. ESPN needs to update their depth charts. :lol2:

Eli's a HOFer, but it's time to move on.

Eli isnt what he used to be but the people painting this as his fault are wrong. The offensive line is terrible.

Its also not OBJs fault like a lot of people want to say. OBJ actually cares...and instead of loving him for his passion people hate him. Id take 53 OBJs any day.

Either way, the Giants suck.

And Saquon is awesome. Glad he is a Giant.

Eli deserves to go out better than this. But its hard to remember just last week they were a 63 yard FG away from a win...even with some terrible penalties called. They also played Jax and Dallas tough...

Eli isnt what he used to be but the people painting this as his fault are wrong. The offensive line is terrible.

Its also not OBJs fault like a lot of people want to say. OBJ actually cares...and instead of loving him for his passion people hate him. Id take 53 OBJs any day.

Either way, the Giants suck.

And Saquon is awesome. Glad he is a Giant.

Eli deserves to go out better than this. But its hard to remember just last week they were a 63 yard FG away from a win...even with some terrible penalties called. They also played Jax and Dallas tough...

I agree with most of this. Eli is far from their problems. The o-line is awful, and the defense is awful, OBJ is very talented but he does not contest anything. The really great ones like AJ, Hopkins, Julio all help their QB's at times. There were two passes Thursday night that were 50/50 and he did not come down with either. He has to make some of those and he doesn't. However, I agree he is not the prooblem either. As stated, the o-line and defense are.

Barkley is awesome, he was the right pick for them at #2. No question, although I read some saying they should have taken Darnell, no way, Saquan was an excellent pick. They will never regret it unless he gets hurt.

While it isn’t all Eli’s fault, Eli is clearly just a shell of himself. He is virtually a statue, with zero ability to extend plays, or work outside of the pocket. He rarely pushes the ball downfield, despite having one of the best big play threats in the game to throw to. He’s also prone to fumbles. The Giants have playmakers. I get their line isn’t great, but benching Eli was the right decision last year, and committing to him last year afterwards, will set the franchise back several years. Eli’s has been in a downward spiral since winning their last Super Bowl. And it’s only getting worse.

I agree with most of this. Eli is far from their problems. The o-line is awful, and the defense is awful, OBJ is very talented but he does not contest anything. The really great ones like AJ, Hopkins, Julio all help their QB's at times. There were two passes Thursday night that were 50/50 and he did not come down with either. He has to make some of those and he doesn't. However, I agree he is not the prooblem either. As stated, the o-line and defense are.

Barkley is awesome, he was the right pick for them at #2. No question, although I read some saying they should have taken Darnell, no way, Saquan was an excellent pick. They will never regret it unless he gets hurt.

The defense isnt that bad, just gets put in bad position too much by the offense IMO. The defense will get better now with Olivier Vernon back.

I think the Giants will start playing better and possibly win a few games, but I do not expect them to go on any playoff runs from here, obviously.

While it isn’t all Eli’s fault, Eli is clearly just a shell of himself. He is virtually a statue, with zero ability to extend plays, or work outside of the pocket. He rarely pushes the ball downfield, despite having one of the best big play threats in the game to throw to. He’s also prone to fumbles. The Giants have playmakers. I get their line isn’t great, but benching Eli was the right decision last year, and committing to him last year afterwards, will set the franchise back several years. Eli’s has been in a downward spiral since winning their last Super Bowl. And it’s only getting worse.

Eli has been very good when they run designed playaction passes outside the pocket.

Eli, aside from the miraculous escape/throw/catch vs New England in the super bowl, has never been a guy that can avoid pressure like Romo or other QB's could.

I agree he isn't as good as he used to be, but he is good enough to win games in the NFL. He just lead them on a quick comeback vs Carolina in a game they win most of the time because most kickers don't hit 63 yarders as time expires.

It's irellevant right now anyway. I don't think they set the franchise back if they felt like none of the top QB's were going to be great then there was no reason to force a pick.

Especially since they will likely be picking high again this year. Maybe Herbert or another QB is the guy? We will see.