Ashland 21 Raceland 14

This one was tough to take, imo Raceland out played Ashland by dominating time/possession, yds. gained. Big Plays …. Ashland had a 69 yd. and 99 yd plays for td's. Kudos to the Tomcats on making the big plays.

Also … Another big game by Hunter Lacks w / 24 carries for 124 yds..

Congrats to Ashland on the win

This one was tough to take, imo Raceland out played Ashland by dominating time/possession, yds. gained. Big Plays …. Ashland had a 69 yd. and 99 yd plays for td's. Kudos to the Tomcats on making the big plays.

Also … Another big game by Hunter Lacks w / 24 carries for 124 yds..

Congrats to Ashland on the win

I feel you and feel for the young Rams as well, they shouldn't hang their heads on this loss though. They came out and played with fire in their eyes and had my Tomcats rattled. Honestly I didn't think Ashland would come back to win, I felt like the Rams were in their head. Something, I don't know what, happened at halftime and the Ashland team from last week showed up to play. Both of these teams will have great seasons I'mo and I came away really impressed with Raceland. More impressed than last season and they paved their way to the title game then.

I feel very good about our team. I am excited for the rest of the season.

You should. Raceland was impressive tonight. Ashland was outplayed imo, the difference was the overall team speed Ashland has as well as a couple of big time playmakers that can take it to the house anytime they touch the ball. Overall Raceland out played my Tomcats so that's a good thing going forward for Raceland.

Anyone who questioned how our defensive front 7 would play after losing 5 seniors should know by now after the first 2 games. We held the speedsters of Ashland to 49 yards on 21 carries. The majority of the passing yards came on 4 plays, 2 covering 164 yards and 2 TD’s. We will not face this type of speed again this year except Beechwood, if we are fortunate enough to make it back to Lexington.

Anyone who questioned how our defensive front 7 would play after losing 5 seniors should know by now after the first 2 games. We held the speedsters of Ashland to 49 yards on 21 carries. The majority of the passing yards came on 4 plays, 2 covering 164 yards and 2 TD’s. We will not face this type of speed again this year except Beechwood, if we are fortunate enough to make it back to Lexington.

Very good point ! I believe that the 2018 Orange Crush unit will be a force as well. Coach Lewis, imo is the best D Coordinator in our NEKY area.