3A #13 Russell at 4A #9 Greenup County Predictions 8/25

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I would have to go with Greenup right now. They have a game under their belt. The one thing going in Russell's favor is that they played a game scrimmage against defending Ohio d5 State Chanps. Greenup throttled Lewis County but I feel Russell will be a tougher challenge for Greenup. Will it be enough to win the backyard brawl, We will see?

I'm curious how Russell looked in their scrimmage with Wheelersburg before I make a prediction. But my gut is to go with Greenup without knowing how Russell looked in their most recent scrimmage.

Russell lost somewhere around 38-6 or so not sure of the final.

Thinking about making my first ever trip to see a Greenup County football game on Saturday night. Any recommendations for a first time visitor? Food? Parking?

Cross over into Portsmouth Ohio and eat at the Scioto Ribber. Seriously, do this. It's about 15-20 minutes out of your way.

Parking, I highly encourage it, but it will suck. Will park in the grass around the school.

I just LOVE how Greenup is better than Russell now. It makes my heart happy as they say...

This comment might be more appropriate in the post game thread if Greenup County takes Russell to the woodshed on Saturday. The only evidence we have so far to support the theory that "Greenup is better than Russell now", is last year's game - and I'd like to point out that Greenup needed overtime to beat the worst Russell team in 20 years.

I like where Greenup's headed under Grizzle, and Russell's got something to prove after last year. But let's not get ahead of ourselves and start shoveling dirt on the Red Devils.

I am a former GC player and I am good friends with Coach Maynard and Coach Grizzle. It is hard to pick this one but I do think GC is better right now so I will go with the Musketeers. I do feel that because this is a rival game, Russell will play it closer than a lot of people think it will be.

This comment might be more appropriate in the post game thread if Greenup County takes Russell to the woodshed on Saturday. The only evidence we have so far to support the theory that "Greenup is better than Russell now", is last year's game - and I'd like to point out that Greenup needed overtime to beat the worst Russell team in 20 years.

I like where Greenup's headed under Grizzle, and Russell's got something to prove after last year. But let's not get ahead of ourselves and start shoveling dirt on the Red Devils.

I think Greenup Co wins this one just because I think they are in a better spot right now....but to go ahead and bury Russell like some seem to already have is dumb. Everyone wants to win every game but we all know that it TRULY begins counting in week 5.

Cross over into Portsmouth Ohio and eat at the Scioto Ribber. Seriously, do this. It's about 15-20 minutes out of your way.

Parking, I highly encourage it, but it will suck. Will park in the grass around the school.

I'll second the Ribber! You can't really go wrong with anything you get there, but I'll go ahead and recommend the ribeye. The Ribber has the best steaks in the Tri State area hands down.