Ryle 21 Cooper 14 (Scrimmage)

theguru

I got a brief report on the Cooper vs. Ryle Scrimmage today or the Warm Up Battle of Union.

Ryle Dominated.

Cooper has a shifty, but vocal, QB that had limited success but again Ryle Dominated.

Cooper may have the smallest 6A Football Team in Kentucky.

My source believes the game will be a Ryle Running Clock victory for the Raiders in the regular season.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vocal QB? I assume your source wasn't giving the kid a compliment when he said that.

I don't want to read into anything (this time) but it is pretty common knowledge that there is "bad blood" between Cooper and Ryle and today didn't do anything to change that.

Frankly I think it is a bad scrimmage for both teams...

Yea that vocal comment was definitely some shade. The lack of aggressiveness from Cooper as a whole was pathetic. Get a board ,do some Oklahoma’s, or do some actual tackling drills and build these kids up. I heard their was some jaw jacking but mostly from the Ryle side , qb was just protecting his own. Hopefully the team goes into the season with that attitude because they will need it to make up for size.

Don’t know how much it would have mattered but Cooper had at least two major players not playing today. Something to consider.

If Trinity struggles to beat Ryle, or indeed drops the game to Ryle, then it will be a long first half of the season. If Trinity wins in a blow out, then things will be just fine for the Rocks.

I guess I will state it another way, I really wish you Trinity people could keep it contained to Trinity threads. :thumb:

In the inside run Ryle won 3 scores to 2. Cooper actually held their own in a close effort. When we went 11 on 11 starting from the 40. Ten plays + yardage was kept Ryle won 6 scores to 2. Ryle won the turnover battle 3 pics to 1. The Cooper Qb had a ton of large negative plays ( not all his fault, he just had the ball in his hands, needs to scramble laterally and forward not backwards though). The Cooper running game was stifled for negative or marginal gains a ton. Ryle ran the ball strongly when the oline wasn't hodgepodged. Ryle's passing game caught stride midway through. Ryle looked ok but still need to work on some things. Cooper seemed to lack enthusiasm and was out muscled if I'm honest. Both teams need to put in some good work. Ryle looked like the better team today.

I was there. FTN was spot on. Ryle had a new toy with Vince Rankin playing. They seamed to be loaded at WR which is unfortunate since their touches are limited. I wonder where Max Inabnit will end up being utilized the most. If it were me I’d play him anywhere on Offense. England looked really good. I’m a big dude, I think he could stiff arm me. It is very apparent his time was well spent in the weight room, definitely didn’t skip leg day

Yea that vocal comment was definitely some shade. The lack of aggressiveness from Cooper as a whole was pathetic. Get a board ,do some Oklahoma’s, or do some actual tackling drills and build these kids up. I heard their was some jaw jacking but mostly from the Ryle side , qb was just protecting his own. Hopefully the team goes into the season with that attitude because they will need it to make up for size.

I don’t see a problem with being vocal at all. Shows passion for competition and the game.