Should Nick Saban resign?

John Anthony

Enlight of the OSU/Urban Meyer saga and our society having zero tolerance for DV, proven or not in some cases, should Nick Saban resign for signing Jonathan Taylor in 2015, who plead GUILTY to a DV charge in 2014?

He was admitted to Alabama in 2015 and subsequently dismissed 3 months later, after another DV accusation.

Is DV viewed equally?

@Deuce

@HammerTime

@Wireman

@futurecoach

@00Rocket28

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he let due process run its course and while waiting for due process to finish processing the kid got in trouble again so Saban did the right thing and let the kid go.

Wait, did Saban tell his superiors first? If he told his superiors then it is out of his hands. He’s good to go then.

Looks like he let due process run its course and while waiting for due process to finish processing the kid got in trouble again so Saban did the right thing and let the kid go.

Wait, did Saban tell his superiors first? If he told his superiors then it is out of his hands. He’s good to go then.

You missed sort of the key part where he signed a kid who plead GUILTY to the crime...let that soak in and then answer the question at hand if you oblige.

You missed the part where he signed a kid who plead GUILTY to the crime...

I saw that part. It’s still due process isn’t it? Kid probably lied and said he had changed and then got in trouble again. What’s funny though is that you said he was accused for DV 3 months later. Shouldn’t he have gotten due process for that before Saban let him go?

I saw that part. It’s still due process isn’t it? Kid probably lied and said he had changed and then got in trouble again. What’s funny though is that you said he was accused for DV 3 months later. Shouldn’t he have gotten due process for that before Saban let him go?

Dude... the kid plead guilty to the first charge. That means it’s permanently on his record. Nick Saban signed a kid who admitted and has DV on this record.

Dude... the kid plead guilty to the first charge. That means it’s permanently on his record. Nick Saban signed a kid who admitted and has DV on this record.

Yes. I am aware of that. And he gave him a second chance and the kid failed and he let him go. At least the kid didn’t lie about it.

I’m good with Nick Saban resigning though. I’d welcome that.

We’re clear then. If Meyer should be fired for not firing a guy who was never proven guilty of a DV crime, then I agree Saban should resign if he willingly signed a kid who admitted to DV and has a record of it.

We’re clear then. If Meyer should be fired for not firing a guy who was never proven guilty of a DV crime, then I agree Saban should resign if he willingly signed a kid who admitted to DV and has a record of it.

I’d be perfectly fine with both of them being away from teaching young men the game of football because of their “win at all costs” mentality. Just like I’d be fine with Jimbo Fisher being forced out of football along with Jameis Winston.

You missed sort of the key part where he signed a kid who plead GUILTY to the crime...let that soak in and then answer the question at hand if you oblige.

Both cases very wrong and I would be fine with Saban gone too. However in Bamas case you said it was a kid meaning younger than 18? Does the kid possibly deserve a second chance? Probably much like Joe Mixon. Did Saban give him another chance after the next incident, nope. My guess is Saban probably dismissed him even if it's just the accusation again, since already happened once.

In the OSU case. He knew about 2009 but kept him anyways. Apparently 60 more phone calls from the woman to police from 2009 to 2015. Urbans wife apparently pretty close to Courtney so most like knew about those incidents too, meaning so did Urban. Then again in 2015. There was definitely enough reason to fire him, even without charges being filed, because as a coach you dont want those constant accusations about a coach on your staff. Urban knew by keeping him he was playing with fire if something ever did truly come out, but he kept him. Not only that the guy was getting paid good money while still being a possibly DV.

So Bamas case a player. OSU case a person they are paying to represent the university and coach 18 to 22 year olds, while having multiple DV accusations and many police phone calls. Like it or not just not smart for Urban to have kept him. Shoot didn't even have to fire him. Most assistants dont get long contracts. Could have just not signed him back, but yet kept extending him and he even got a raise going into this season.

Careful JA, if you haven’t already pulled a muscle by reaching to blame Meyers mess up the cops, you might on this.

What’s your response to the thread? Should he resign? Is DV heinous universally, regardless if people like a team or conference?

Both cases very wrong and I would be fine with Saban gone too. However in Bamas case you said it was a kid meaning younger than 18? Does the kid possibly deserve a second chance? Probably much like Joe Mixon. Did Saban give him another chance after the next incident, nope. My guess is Saban probably dismissed him even if it's just the accusation again, since already happened once.

In the OSU case. He knew about 2009 but kept him anyways. Apparently 60 more phone calls from the woman to police from 2009 to 2015. Urbans wife apparently pretty close to Courtney so most like knew about those incidents too, meaning so did Urban. Then again in 2015. There was definitely enough reason to fire him, even without charges being filed, because as a coach you dont want those constant accusations about a coach on your staff. Urban knew by keeping him he was playing with fire if something ever did truly come out, but he kept him. Not only that the guy was getting paid good money while still being a possibly DV.

So Bamas case a player. OSU case a person they are paying to represent the university and coach 18 to 22 year olds, while having multiple DV accusations and many police phone calls. Like it or not just not smart for Urban to have kept him. Shoot didn't even have to fire him. Most assistants dont get long contracts. Could have just not signed him back, but yet kept extending him and he even got a raise going into this season.

He was over 18, an adult when he plead guilty.