NFL to Require All Personnel on Field to Stand for Anthem

NFL has made a resolution that will require all personnel on the field to stand for the Anthem. Anyone that doesn't will be fined. Those who opt to do so, can stay in the locker rooms until after the Anthem has been played.

Interested if this will appease those who think players kneeling is harming the game?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really didn't bother me who stood or who didn't. Just not something that I get worked up about. Not something I would do, but I am not going to judge people on this.

My solution has always been to leave teams in the locker room until after the anthem. They did that several years ago anyway.

This topic is a yawner to me.

NFL has made a resolution that will require all personnel on the field to stand for the Anthem. Anyone that doesn't will be fined. Those who opt to do so, can stay in the locker rooms until after the Anthem has been played.

Interested if this will appease those who think players kneeling is harming the game?

That is it?

If that is the case I expect to see the issue continue this year.

That is it?

If that is the case I expect to see the issue continue this year.

What do you mean that's it?

They can't suspend them. The players can stand, sit/kneel (subject to a fine), or stay in the locker room.

What do you want them to do? Public floggings? Waterboard?

What do you mean that's it?

They can't suspend them. The players can stand, sit/kneel (subject to a fine), or stay in the locker room.

What do you want them to do? Public floggings? Waterboard?

No stand, no play.

More harm than good? How so?

NFL players make big bucks (and good for them) and that allows them to throw away a certain amount of money which means any player could defy the NFL and the media circus will start back up and taint another year of NFL football.

Or simply put, the NFL is at a crossroad and I wouldn't be leaving anything to chance if I were them.

Then hopefully the fines are very steep.

This type of wishy washy policy can do more harm than good if the NFL isn't careful.

Fines will impact non superstars (20 mill per year.) A lot of the players only play for 2-5 years. That money doesn’t last.

NFL players make big bucks (and good for them) and that allows them to throw away a certain amount of money which means any player could defy the NFL and the media circus will start back up and taint another year of NFL football.

IMO, that only applies for those who need something to complain about.

IMO, that only applies for those who need something to complain about.

I want the NFL to be about football.

Obviously last year the NFL didn't have the power to force personal to stand so they created a new rule this year. I don't understand how that works under the CBA, I thought everything had to bargained for and neither side could add or take away from the current CBA.

My point is it doesn't solve anything and it may bring greater attention to the issue because once the NFL fines someone, that someone is probably going to enter into a protracted legal battle with the NFL and I think that is bad for everyone involved.