Highlands, Covington Catholic in same district

Does anyone know how long Highlands and Covington Catholic have been in the same district? I've confirmed all the way back to 1983. But that's it.

I think they were in separate sub-districts as late as the 85 season. CovCath lost to Lloyd in the last game of the season that year to finish 9-1. Unfortunately for the Colonels, Lloyd also finished the sub-district at 2-1, and would win the tie breaker by virtue of the head to head win over CovCath. Pretty sure Lloyd went on to play Newport, who won their sub-district, in the playoffs that season.

Best rivalry in northern Kentucky without a doubt. Top 3 rivalry in the state.

It has dramatically swung back and forth recently but I believe the next few years it will go back to nail biter drag outs.

Objectively speaking, it is still very one sided, dating back to the late 90s, to be honest. CCH won some games in ‘01 and ‘06, but, until the last two years, it’s been pretty one sided. CCH has a LONG way to go to even the score, but, they at least have H’s attention again. It is a fun rivalry. I hope CCH can keep it up.

In 1980, 1981 and 1982 there were sub-districts in AAA. Highlands was in a sub-district with Newport, Newport Catholic and Scott. The other sub-district was CovCath, Conner, Erlanger Lloyd and the other escapes me at the moment.

I think they were in separate sub-districts as late as the 85 season. CovCath lost to Lloyd in the last game of the season that year to finish 9-1. Unfortunately for the Colonels, Lloyd also finished the sub-district at 2-1, and would win the tie breaker by virtue of the head to head win over CovCath. Pretty sure Lloyd went on to play Newport, who won their sub-district, in the playoffs that season.

All together, those sub-districts ran from '79-'86, so they've officially been in the same district every year since '87. Prior to '79, they shared a district from '74-'78. Records get a little fuzzy/incomplete once you get into the early 70's back to the beginning of the playoff era.