Covington Holy Cross hires Jerry Allen as girls hoops coach.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not familiar with him. Background?

Former assistant at NDA and Shooting stars AAU coach for awhile and was the TMC assistant who took in Sydney Moss causing them to have to vacate their national championship. I am not sure what he has been up to most recently.

Former assistant at NDA and Shooting stars AAU coach for awhile and was the TMC assistant who took in Sydney Moss causing them to have to vacate their national championship. I am not sure what he has been up to most recently.

He was the man in charge of the basketball program at town and country sports complex in Wilder when it opened 2 years ago. Not sure if he still there or not. I believe he played ball at TMC as well

When my daughter played AAU with him as coach they were about 100 and 2. He can coach.

Panda- I respect you and your opinions and agree with you that he is a good coach. He is a great teacher of the fundamentals and I would trust him with my team any time. However, in general I do not like the comparison of HS coaching to AAU coaching. High school 90% of the time you are dealt a hand and you have to play it. AAU 100% of the time you select the kids that best fit your style and needs, those kids are easy to coach and produce results.

Panda- I respect you and your opinions and agree with you that he is a good coach. He is a great teacher of the fundamentals and I would trust him with my team any time. However, in general I do not like the comparison of HS coaching to AAU coaching. High school 90% of the time you are dealt a hand and you have to play it. AAU 100% of the time you select the kids that best fit your style and needs, those kids are easy to coach and produce results.

So don't the other AAU coaches get to do the same thing?

AAU is a totally different animal but he has a wealth of experience. A father who taught Jerry the fundamentals. Strong desire win but the patience to teach. Girls seem to really enjoy his style. Look forward to see how it plays out.