Fort Knox names Wes Arnold as head football coach

Coach Arnold has been a teacher in the district since 2010 and was an assistant from 2010-2015 at Fort Knox then the past 3 years was an assistant at Central Hardin under Tim Mattingly.

Arnold becomes the 18th head coach in Fort Knox High School history.

Congratulations and good luck to Coach Arnold and the Eagles!

Welcome to the graveyard of coaching. No stability with roster.

They were very successful in the past when Fort Knox as a base was larger and more stable. If I'm not mistaken, there are fewer and fewer soldiers stationed at Fort Knox anymore and many come in and out rather quickly, which keeps the school from developing athletic team rosters. Many of the permanent soldiers at the base live in and send their kids to Hardin County schools. Its an almost unwinnable situation but I applaud the school, administration, coaches, and families for continuing to provide athletic opportunities for the kids.

A great book on the single wing

The Single Wing and a Prayer | by Keith Piper

I read it wrong...they used to run the single wing and had moderate success with the offense. Now they are going to the Wing T with the new coach...which as I mentioned earlier are similar offenses.

You take this job with the understanding that priorities are different in the lives of these kids. I read that article a couple years ago about the school programs that had to stop practicing and I think even cancel a game because the government was in a shutdown for a temporary amount time.

I applaud anyone that wants to take on this type of job, and results shouldn't be the deciding factor on whether he is a successful coach or not.