2018 Official Golf Thread

StrongSide

Haven't noticed a golf thread started for 2018 so I thought I would take the honor.

Started my first golf league this year at California Golf Course. When I decided to start the league I didn't realize all that goes into it but now that we have the ground rules established I think it should be pretty smooth sailing for the summer.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walked 9 several days ago for first outing of the year, shot 43 though don't usually keep score first few times out but was playing pretty decent so decided to. Played 9 a few days ago in a 25-30 mph wind. Wasn't even fun, left a few balls laying.

Purchased new Callaway Apex CF16 irons (6 thru A edge) and a Taylormade M2 driver. Played 19 times with them before returning from Florida. Clubs were fitted at Golf Exchange in Florence. "Thanks, Greg". Best golf decisions I have made in 10 years.

Purchased new Callaway Apex CF16 irons (6 thru A edge) and a Taylormade M2 driver. Played 19 times with them before returning from Florida. Clubs were fitted at Golf Exchange in Florence. "Thanks, Greg". Best golf decisions I have made in 10 years.

Greg or “Coop” as most people call him is the best in the business in NKY. The guy just has this unique passion for his job and really takes pride in getting every detail right for his clients. He’s a first class guy all the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been to Kenton County this year? Completely repaved the parking lot. Put a ton of money into it. Rerouted cars, new islands and there must be 50 handicap parking places now. I now have to park at the very beginning of the lot.

Now for the rant part. They spent all of that money on the parking lot and failed to kill one dandelion, failed to cut any rough, but did put in a new set of stairs to the never used driving range.

Who is running that place now??

Has anyone played the Falls of Rough golf course/resort "Lafayette Golf Club"? I have a group of guys down this weekend staying there and playing 54 holes.

It's been 15 years or so since I've been there. Used to be awesome. Can't speak for it today though.

Has anyone played the Falls of Rough golf course/resort "Lafayette Golf Club"? I have a group of guys down this weekend staying there and playing 54 holes.

At one time was considered a top 10 public course in KY. That's been several years ago. I last played it about 5 years ago, and it had gone WAY down hill. It closed and sat dormant for a season or two, then reopened last year I believe. I hope they put some work into it because it needed it. The course layout and design is pretty solid, so if they are just maintaining the course just halfway decent it should be a good experience.