2018 Official Golf Thread

StrongSide

As for my golf game; it wasn't too bad. Hit some good shots and made some putts. Iron game was a little shaky, but better than expected.

Shot somewhere around 78.

Just not familiar with that golf phrase..."around 78"??? Looked in both R&A, as well as USGA Rules of Golf and could not find this scoring adjective. Please elaborate.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just not familiar with that golf phrase..."around 78"??? Looked in both R&A, as well as USGA Rules of Golf and could not find this scoring adjective. Please elaborate.

Played in an event where they took the two best scores from your foursome on each hole. I finished most holes, but not all of them. Hence the "around 78." Hope that's a sufficient answer.

New year same old story. The quest to escape this plateau I’ve reached is still ongoing. New bag entirely from last year except for the Epic Driver that nothing on the market this year could touch. But other than that it’s new Titleist gear throughout the bag. 917 3 wood, 818 3 Hybrid, 718 AP2’s irons, SM7 wedges. Also started taking some more lessons. Hoping to breakthrough and win a tournament or two this year.

New year same old story. The quest to escape this plateau I’ve reached is still ongoing. New bag entirely from last year except for the Epic Driver that nothing on the market this year could touch. But other than that it’s new Titleist gear throughout the bag. 917 3 wood, 818 3 Hybrid, 718 AP2’s irons, SM7 wedges. Also started taking some more lessons. Hoping to breakthrough and win a tournament or two this year.

Who do you go to for lessons? I have been wanting to get some lessons just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Played in an event where they took the two best scores from your foursome on each hole. I finished most holes, but not all of them. Hence the "around 78." Hope that's a sufficient answer.

Just smiling and messing with you, jahearme. Shot a lot of "around" rounds myself. Mine usually include a few borderline gimmees.

Who do you go to for lessons? I have been wanting to get some lessons just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Contact Doug Martin at the Golf Ranch. Former PGA Tour player, current UC coach and his staff has all the knowledge and technology to make a huge difference in all levels of player.

Just booked a trip for 6 guys to Woodlake GC in Tazewell, TN. Stay on site Friday night, playing all day Saturday, stay Saturday night and then get up and play again Sunday.

Has anyone been down there? If not, it's a great place for a guys weekend getaway. They've got lodging/dining onsite so you never have to leave. The golf course is great as well.

Check it out: Golf Upper Tennessee - Woodlake Golf Club - Tazewell, TN Golf Club, Swimming, Tennis, Memberships, Lodging, Morristown, Middlesboro, Tennessee

Just smiling and messing with you, jahearme. Shot a lot of "around" rounds myself. Mine usually include a few borderline gimmees.

I know the game jahearme is talking about. Foursome counting two best scores per hole vs other foursomes playing the same way. We play that game at my local course all the time for usually $2 to $5 per foursome. In my case I always manage to keep my “around” scores on the low end of the “around” when someone asks me in the clubhouse what I shot. But jahearme’s game is about 100X better than mine, lol. He probably goes in the other direction. His “arounds”are probably better than what he actually states.

Jahearme, if you can work it in your schedule we’d sure like to have you play in our annual invitational on the weekend of June 9-10 at Sag Hollow in Booneville. We’ll pair you up with Randy and Eric.

A guy in our league, Lawnboy’s brother, set up a web site that tracks scores so we can check on other golfers and see league standing, scores, money winners, schedule, etc. Pretty cool site.

You can actually send in an order for food to the place we go after the round of golf.