Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16 First Round: Trinity vs. Scott County Predictions

Who wins?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I haven't seen Scott County play this year, but they are very good on a consistent basis. When Trinity is firing on all cylinders, you'd have a hard time convincing me they aren't the best team in the state. Wish I could be in attendance for this one.

I also have not seen Scott County play this season. Generally, what are the sizes of their starters?

The Rocks will have a big height advantage, but they're going to have a handful.

Scott County starters:

#24 Michael Moreno, 6-7 Jr. F

#10 Cooper Robb, 6-2 Sr. G

#11 Diablo Stewart, 5-9 Jr. G

#2 Bryce Long, 6-1 Jr. G

#14 Glenn Covington, 5-11 Jr. G

Geez, they’re going to be loaded next year too. First two players off the bench (?), Williams and Fluker, are also juniors.

With the exception of Stewart, the others played almost every game for last season’s 31-6 team. Lost to Bowling Green in the quarterfinals.

Battle tested!

Picking the Cardinals in this one.

The Rocks will have a big height advantage, but they're going to have a handful.

Scott County starters:

#24 Michael Moreno, 6-7 Jr. F

#10 Cooper Robb, 6-2 Sr. G

#11 Diablo Stewart, 5-9 Jr. G

#2 Bryce Long, 6-1 Jr. G

#14 Glenn Covington, 5-11 Jr. G

Geez, they’re going to be loaded next year too. First two players off the bench (?), Williams and Fluker, are also juniors.

With the exception of Stewart, the others played almost every game for last season’s 31-6 team. Lost to Bowling Green in the quarterfinals.

Battle tested!

Picking the Cardinals in this one.

Trinity also should have a good team next year (not writing off this year by any means) as they start only one senior (Scrubb), and only have two on the team.

One of the reasons Trinity was able to handle Ballard's pressure defense was its ability to throw over the press. It looks like Trinity's primary ballhandlers (Justin Powell and David Johnson) will again have a height advantage over the Scott County defenders, unless Scott Country uses Moreno for that duty.