Black Panther

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand all the buzz about Black Panther being the first major motion picture about about a black superhero.

Blade, anyone? They made a whole trilogy?

859477.jpg

The PR machine you employ in major motion picture making is just as important - if not more - than the actors hired. Not saying this isn't a really good movie (I just took my four boys to see it actually and can confirm as such), but the spin on this has been beyond outstanding and everywhere.

I don't understand all the buzz about Black Panther being the first major motion picture about about a black superhero.

Blade, anyone? They made a whole trilogy?

859477.jpg

I think it’s definitely a generational thing. You have a very strong actor, you have buy in from the cultural icons, and with the climate we are living in today I think it’s a great way to market the movie.

I absolutely love love love Blade. Of course the origional came out when I was in 10th grade. Just like my music tastes, my movie tastes haven't evolved past high school. I have never seen a super hero movie at the theater, and this one won't be any different. But I did hear it is very good.

"Black Panther" is a great movie, visually beautiful, and contains several really important messages. I hope that everyone stays for the speech to the UN after the credits -- it really puts a perfect bow on the movie.

I was a fan, and normally, as many movies as I see, I loathe a PACKED theater. In this case, it just added to it.