30 for 30: The last days of Knight

Jumper_Dad

I know most everybody hates Bobby but besides the first year after he left, Indiana basketball has not been on the national scene. That you have to admit.
No doubt, he was great at coaching the game (though he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire his last years 6-7 years at IU). By the mid-90s the culture and landscape of the game had changed so that his style and the recruiting game along with it didn't work.

Like most, I have little tolerance for a bully, and that is what he is.

I know most everybody hates Bobby but besides the first year after he left, Indiana basketball has not been on the national scene. That you have to admit.

They also were only ranked twice at the end of the season (19th and 22nd) in his last 6 years at IU.

I used to be a fan of Knight but not any longer. He just turned into a bitter old man...in some ways I feel sorry for him and in others, I do not. Like many of us, he had some great traits and he some not so great. As he got older and more bitter, rather than becoming more willing to forgive and let things go, he went the other direction and it is pretty sad to watch.

No excuse for putting your hands on a player in anger...

I used to be a fan of Knight but not any longer. He just turned into a bitter old man...in some ways I feel sorry for him and in others, I do not. Like many of us, he had some great traits and he some not so great. As he got older and more bitter, rather than becoming more willing to forgive and let things go, he went the other direction and it is pretty sad to watch.

No excuse for putting your hands on a player in anger...

I think Knight was always bitter. It didn’t start with age.