Virginia 74 Louisville 64

tcjkbt

The Cavaliers win at home to open a 3 game lead in the ACC standings at 9-0. UL played hard but were convincingly beaten. Having said that, I think UL can win the rematch in Louisville. I believe the Cardinals are 1-6 versus UVA since they entered the ACC.

I think Mark Ennis said it best tonight: they make shots that I’d say should get Louisville players benched. They were ridiculous tonight.

Louisville is the only team to shoot 50% from the field against them all season. Still lost.

Just couldn’t stop them enough times and they seemed to get a basket after every Louisville mistake on the other end. Too many poor shots against a team that deliberate.

And yet, Cards are 6-3 in the ACC and start a massively important home stand with games against Florida State, Syracuse, and Georgia Tech over the next two weeks. I’m way more optimistic than I thought I’d be as the calendar rolled in to 2018.

This was a tip of the cap game. Virginia hit more than a few incredible shots with hands in their faces.

I'm disappointed the Cards lost, but I think I saw more encouraging things than frustrating. I like that they seem to be improving each game.

Part of it is assuredly Virginia's style, but the intensity of this game felt like the tournament. Every possession on both sides of the floor seemed more important and seemed to require much more concentration than usual.

I hate penciling in two losses each year, but this experience can only help as the season drags on. Here's to hoping they can overcome the hurdle at home in a month.

UVA is the 2nd best team I've seen play this year. I think Purdue is slightly better offensively. But I trust neither of them to get it done come tournament time.

Virginia reminds me of the best Notre Dame teams at time. They make insane shots in gyms they’re comfortable with, but tend not to make as many of them come March when playing on big rooms at neutral sites.

It was nice watching the Cards go hard til the clock ran out, and actually pull within 5 with about 2 minutes to go. Tony Bennett gave kudos to David Padgett after the game, for his preparation and focus. Totally agree, I was looking forward to how Padgett would coach against the top teams..., and walked away pleased.

Hashtag KEEP DAVID PADGETT.

They sure shot the heck out of the ball tonight. UL blocked only one shot.

Why did Snider sit almost the entire (it seemed like) second half?

We were wondering the same.... it seems like several recent games he's sitting at the end. I assume there's some sort of injury they are not disclosing and getting him rest when they can.

To me, the most surprising thing last night wasn’t the number of insane shots that UVA made, but the nightmarish time Darius Perry had guarding Kyle Guy. That guy burned Perry all night and Perry is a far from mediocre defender. It was shocking.

I thought Louisville played well last night and still lost by 10. The question I keep hearing this morning, can Virginia make it to the finial 4? Is this their best team since Ralph Sampson?

Interesting enough Ralph Sampson never made it to the Final Four. They made it the year after he graduated.