Frederick Douglas Lands a QB Transfer

Juke

Who can tell us about Cameron Jones?

He also played basketball last year for KCC. He’s 6’8 and around 265 in weight. I’m not familiar with his football ability but I know he had better be prepared to see a lot more quality competition than what he’s accustomed to seeing.

He also played basketball last year for KCC. He’s 6’8 and around 265 in weight. I’m not familiar with his football ability but I know he had better be prepared to see a lot more quality competition than what he’s accustomed to seeing.

Thanks for that and what an impressive height and weight!

Who can tell us about Cameron Jones?

His size is what makes him stand out. His team was terrible and most of the offense rested on his throwing. He isn't a runner at all. His numbers are pretty good all things considered.

2017: 179-299, 2646 yards passing, 27 touchdowns, 8 interceptions; 196 yards rushing, 7 touchdowns

2016: 167-280, 2549 yards passing, 27 touchdowns, 5 interceptions; -72 yards rushing, 1 touchdown

2015: 144-269, 2333 yards passing, 22 touchdowns, 15 interceptions; -75 yards rushing, 1 touchdown

Career: 490-848 (58%), 7,528 yards passing, 76 touchdowns, 28 interceptions; 49 yards rushing, 9 touchdowns

Positives at Frederick Douglass - better offensive line, more weapons to get the ball to on offense, more balanced with solid running game

Negatives at Frederick Douglass - much tougher competition (his teams have only beaten two teams with winning records, one 1A, one 2A), faster defenses that will pressure him and give differing looks in coverage, can he move when passing game breaks down?

His size is what makes him stand out. His team was terrible and most of the offense rested on his throwing. He isn't a runner at all. His numbers are pretty good all things considered.

2017: 179-299, 2646 yards passing, 27 touchdowns, 8 interceptions; 196 yards rushing, 7 touchdowns

2016: 167-280, 2549 yards passing, 27 touchdowns, 5 interceptions; -72 yards rushing, 1 touchdown

2015: 144-269, 2333 yards passing, 22 touchdowns, 15 interceptions; -75 yards rushing, 1 touchdown

Career: 490-848 (58%), 7,528 yards passing, 76 touchdowns, 28 interceptions; 49 yards rushing, 9 touchdowns

Positives at Frederick Douglass - better offensive line, more weapons to get the ball to on offense, more balanced with solid running game

Negatives at Frederick Douglass - much tougher competition (his teams have only beaten two teams with winning records, one 1A, one 2A), faster defenses that will pressure him and give differing looks in coverage, can he move when passing game breaks down?

That was awesome @gchs_uk9

That post deserves an announcement from @theguru , I believe my nephew will end up being a Fredrick Douglass Bronco so I am all in!

While I am at it FD has a pretty nice football website:

Frederick Douglass High School Football – FDHS Football #LetsRide

Looks as if he's improved his mobility, with the positive rushing yards and the increase in rushing TD's.

Will he even be the starting qb at Douglas next year? I'm not knocking him at all, but you have to think the job just isn't going to be handed over to him. The competition for it will be much tougher than it was at Knott Central.

I’m going to assume that when his family was house hunting they weighed their options in each school district before finding a house they were comfortable in.