Open Job: Fulton County

The last coach at Fulton County came out of retirement after having coached there in the 1980s. I'd imagine the number of applicants will be small. Second smallest football playing school in the state, with a four-year average of 80 boys in the entire school per year.

I think they went like 13-1 in 1993 and lost to Btown 6-0 in the semis. I think they lost to Dilce Combs in the championship game of the ALL A Classic the same year. Seems like they had a kid named Warlick that was a stud. Not sure they have had much success since

I think they went like 13-1 in 1993 and lost to Btown 6-0 in the semis. I think they lost to Dilce Combs in the championship game of the ALL A Classic the same year. Seems like they had a kid named Warlick that was a stud. Not sure they have had much success since

PJ Warlick

Apparently the Bardstown/Fulton County game was on an almost frozen field. Bardstown had squeaked by Garrard County in a nail-biter the week before. Class A football had so many good teams in the early 1990s.

Not sure they have had much success since

They carried on a little longer, winning first round games in 1996 and 1998, sandwiched around a regional final loss to Murray in 1997. They've had two winning seasons since, going 6-5 in both 2005 and 2006.

I don't know the politics of that area, but it seems they would do well to consolidate city and county.

If it weren’t for South Fulton High School (TN) then that would happen. The KY/TN line in Fulton runs right through the middle of the town. The street is actually called State Line Street. Fulton City’s football stadium even sits along it and across the street? Tennessee.

If they merged city and county the belief is that nothing would be gained because the kids on the Kentucky side would just go less than a mile to South Fulton High in TN.

Fulton County High School in Hickman sits right along the Mississippi River and is about a 20 mile drive from Fulton, KY (Fulton City HS).

If it weren’t for South Fulton High School (TN) then that would happen. The KY/TN line in Fulton runs right through the middle of the town. The street is actually called State Line Road if not mistaken? Fulton City’s football stadium even sits along it and across the street? Tennessee.

If they merged city and county the belief is that nothing would be gained because the kids on the Kentucky side would just go less than a mile to South Fulton High in TN.

Fulton County High School in Hickman sits right along the Mississippi River and is about a 20 mile drive from Fulton, KY (Fulton City HS).

Thanks for clarifying that...as a native Northern Kentuckian who has seldom made it that far west in the state, I've always wondered what the background was behind Fulton County HS and Fulton City HS.

Glad to have you here on BGP @Calico Jack!

If it weren’t for South Fulton High School (TN) then that would happen. The KY/TN line in Fulton runs right through the middle of the town. The street is actually called State Line Street. Fulton City’s football stadium even sits along it and across the street? Tennessee.

You’re exactly right.

A few years ago city and county met about merger. City didn’t want any part of it because County would have control over everything. It would be a merger and not a consolidation. City is an independent school system.