Adair County 119 Caverna 103 (OT)

One of the more exciting games I have watched in a long time. Howard was 21-39 from the field and 3-11 from 3. Harmon was 19-32 from the field and 5-14 from 3. Harmon added 12 assist and 6 rebounds to go along with his 54 points.

Not a big surprise with two teams for whom defense is optional.

One of the more exciting games I have watched in a long time. Howard was 21-39 from the field and 3-11 from 3. Harmon was 19-32 from the field and 5-14 from 3. Harmon added 12 assist and 6 rebounds to go along with his 54 points.

I'd rather watch a 119-103 game every day of the week than watch a 46-44 "they really got into each other" game. Of course I'm not a coach! :lol2:

- 65 Pts gets Jobby Howard's name in the KHSAA Individual Game Records

- Places this game 9th on the Most Pts Scored (Combined) list

- Highest of only three 200pt+ games to happen in this decade. One of only 5 this century, if I'm not mistaken.

It may have not been a defensive battle... but watching kids score 65 and 54 points each HAD to have a certain level of entertainment value. I would have loved to be there.

Edited by theguru
Rule 1

Looking on the scoreboard from last season, Adair County and Caverna played three times.

Adair County 89, Caverna 46

Adair County 110, Caverna 84

Adair County 100, Caverna 86

Then last nights game

Adair County 119, Caverna 103

Seems these two are always entertaining if nothing else.

Going from memory in reading Lex-Herald article this morning. Adair freshman, Zion Harmon, goes for 54 in 119-103 OT victory over Caverna. Actual story might be he was not the high game scorer as Caverna's Jobby Howard goes for 65. Sounds like a defensive struggle game long.