Corbin 83 Pendleton County 76

PC was down a starter in Yelton which makes a big difference IMO. Nice job by the boys putting up a fight without their point guard.

Now that I've had some sleep after a long road trip... (mad props to Cook Out in Richmond for the late night/early morning meal. Try the chili, its the bomb!), I can expand more on last night.

I went in expecting a good show between Dontaie Allen and Andrew Taylor, but got even more than I was expecting. It was like a heavyweight fight at times in the first half, with each star matching the other with tough pull-up shots or drives to the basket. I said at the outset that it would come down to which team's supporting cast played better, and Taylor's played just enough better than Allen's to make a difference. Taylor (36 points, 7 boards), was kept relatively quiet in the fourth, but his cast was not. Allen (44 points on 10/19 shooting, 10 rebounds) and Grant Walsh (23 points), fought hard to get the Cats back within a point late in the game, and had a chance to take the lead, but consecutive 3 pointers by Chase Sanders (20 points - 11 in the 4th quarter), ended the threat.

Dontaie Allen had to work hard for each and every point he scored last night. There was a LOT of contact on every possession, and not many calls going his way. That being said, there were quite a few on the other end as well. Allen had IMO his best and most efficient game of his career last night. If Jacob Yelton plays in this game, I think we come home with a win.

Corbin is a very good basketball team. Taylor is the main cog, but hardly the only weapon they have. Sanders and Stewart are solid guards that can shoot it well. The Redhounds also have a 6'8 300 pound kid, Bailey Rice who is just coming back from a football injury (according to the Redhound broadcasters- great guys btw!), that if he's able to contribute will make them super tough.

I was quite impressed with Taylor. the kid has a sweet stroke, and can get his shot off in a phone booth. Walsh was in the face all night, and he kept knocking down shots. He is money from that 12-15 foot range, but has a quick step to get to the glass as well. I talked to him briefly last night, very mannerly and nice young man. Furman is getting themselves a steal.

Now that I've had some sleep after a long road trip... (mad props to Cook Out in Richmond for the late night/early morning meal. Try the chili, its the bomb!), I can expand more on last night.

I went in expecting a good show between Dontaie Allen and Andrew Taylor, but got even more than I was expecting. It was like a heavyweight fight at times in the first half, with each star matching the other with tough pull-up shots or drives to the basket. I said at the outset that it would come down to which team's supporting cast played better, and Taylor's played just enough better than Allen's to make a difference. Taylor (36 points, 7 boards), was kept relatively quiet in the fourth, but his cast was not. Allen (44 points on 10/19 shooting, 10 rebounds) and Grant Walsh (23 points), fought hard to get the Cats back within a point late in the game, and had a chance to take the lead, but consecutive 3 pointers by Chase Sanders (20 points - 11 in the 4th quarter), ended the threat.

Dontaie Allen had to work hard for each and every point he scored last night. There was a LOT of contact on every possession, and not many calls going his way. That being said, there were quite a few on the other end as well. Allen had IMO his best and most efficient game of his career last night. If Jacob Yelton plays in this game, I think we come home with a win.

Corbin is a very good basketball team. Taylor is the main cog, but hardly the only weapon they have. Sanders and Stewart are solid guards that can shoot it well. The Redhounds also have a 6'8 300 pound kid, Bailey Rice who is just coming back from a football injury (according to the Redhound broadcasters- great guys btw!), that if he's able to contribute will make them super tough.

I was quite impressed with Taylor. the kid has a sweet stroke, and can get his shot off in a phone booth. Walsh was in the face all night, and he kept knocking down shots. He is money from that 12-15 foot range, but has a quick step to get to the glass as well. I talked to him briefly last night, very mannerly and nice young man. Furman is getting themselves a steal.

Allen had IMO his best and most efficient game of his career last night

Allens 51 point game last year against Dayton may have been his most efficient high scoring high school game IMO. He was knocking shots down from everywhere that game.

I'm just glad the team showed up last night without Yelton in the lineup. Yelton has so much upside that I believe most people aren't even aware of the talent level he's at.

I tuned into PCRO and it sounded like the cats played man to man defense most of the game? Which is good for any team IMO.

Really impressed that the cats almost pulled it out last night without Yelton.

Allen had IMO his best and most efficient game of his career last night

Allens 51 point game last year against Dayton may have been his most efficient high scoring high school game IMO. He was knocking shots down from everywhere that game.

I'm just glad the team showed up last night without Yelton in the lineup. Yelton has so much upside that I believe most people aren't even aware of the talent level he's at.

I tuned into PCRO and it sounded like the cats played man to man defense most of the game? Which is good for any team IMO.

Really impressed that the cats almost pulled it out last night without Yelton.

Last night reminded me a lot of that one, but was against better competition this time.

Also, thanks for listening in!

Looks like we are at the halfway point of the season, and PC is still badly in need of a signature win, with only one opportunity,Campbell County, remaining on the document.

I am going to take a guess here, but I bet Pendleton County could care less if they get a "signature" win in the regular season if it then goes on and gets those wins in the 10th Region Tournament and takes the crown.

I am going to take a guess here, but I bet Pendleton County could care less if they get a "signature" win in the regular season if it then goes on and gets those wins in the 10th Region Tournament and takes the crown.

Yep,just hope it is not a repeat of last year, first round district lost.