Louisville 77 Pittsburgh 51

Getslow

Question of the Night:

How would you rather have your program be destroyed: by scandal or by Kevin Stallings? You must choose the form of the destructor.

Pitt is a sad shell of what it once was and this marks Louisville’s 11th straight win over the Panthers.

Stallings is embarrassing. His comments during the game to fans are nuts

What was embarrassing for him is that most of the trash-talk he was responding to was coming from Pitt fans sitting behind his bench and elsewhere in that section. They know they’re doomed as long as he’s running the ship and they gave it to him harder than any Louisville fans ever could.

What was embarrassing for him is that most of the trash-talk he was responding to was coming from Pitt fans sitting behind his bench and elsewhere in that section. They know they’re doomed as long as he’s running the ship and they gave it to him harder than any Louisville fans ever could.

Pitt lowered Jamie Dixon's buyout in order to get rid of him. How crazy is that? Dixon is a great coach and I have my doubts that Pitt will ever get anyone as good as him.

Pitt lowered Jamie Dixon's buyout in order to get rid of him. How crazy is that? Dixon is a great coach and I have my doubts that Pitt will ever get anyone as good as him.

Yeah you’d have to be outside your mind to want to walk into that athletic department as a coach right now.

That is nuts to me. And then you bring in Stallings?

My assumption at the time was that they thought they were going to land Archie Miller. Don’t know if that’s true or not.

But if so, they got that Glen Mason/Minnesota disease in which just being good all the time just wasn’t enough any more and they did a dumb thing.

My assumption at the time was that they thought they were going to land Archie Miller. Don’t know if that’s true or not.

But if so, they got that Glen Mason/Minnesota disease in which just being good all the time just wasn’t enough any more and they did a dumb thing.

I mean Miller would have been a good hire, but was he going to have more success than Dixon? Maybe occasionally, but like you said, they were always good.

I mean Miller would have been a good hire, but was he going to have more success than Dixon? Maybe occasionally, but like you said, they were always good.

I don't think Archie Miller was ever going to go to Pitt. There was time when the climb up the coaching ladder meant that coaches would jump to any rung, which was perceived slightly higher than the one they were on (Thad Matta going from Butler to Xavier). Now coaches will stay put (see Shaka, see Gregg Marshall, see Archie) until one of the few truly great jobs comes open.

Dixon went home to TCU (his alma mater). They have never been good...until now. :jump:

I don't think Archie Miller was ever going to go to Pitt. There was time when the climb up the coaching ladder meant that coaches would jump to any rung, which was perceived slightly higher than the one they were on (Thad Matta going from Butler to Xavier). Now coaches will stay put (see Shaka, see Gregg Marshall, see Archie) until one of the few truly great jobs comes open.

Dixon went home to TCU (his alma mater). They have never been good...until now. :jump:

This is all true. The money is so good now, even at places like Xavier and Butler and VCU, that coaches don't have to make the jump until it is the job they want.

The positives I took away (which aren’t numerous since I think this game was more indicative of Pitt’s weaknesses rather than Louisville’s strengths):

- Sutton and Adel getting in on the rebounding. Mahmoud is going to get taken out of a lot of plays this year and we need Adel to get in on rebounding to be successful.

- Ryan McMahon coming along defensively. His shooting was always solid but if he can turn into a reliable player off the bench in more aspects, Louisville is exponentially better.

- Darius Perry’s shot is basically broken. They were way off all game. Hopefully he can shoot through it. His defense was still really solid though. Was impressed watching him and McMahon try running the press.