18. Waggener

19. Christian County

20. Oldham County

Thoughts?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen about half of these teams play, will see more by the end of the week. Campbell County and Oldham County which I have watched are not top twenty team currently. I would throw LCA in the mix for sure and there are other worthy teams. I know this is difficult task this early in the season.

Two weeks from now I think we will have a clear picture of who belongs in the top 20 and who doesn't.

I agree...just too early for some of them to have played the type of competition to know how good you are at this point. A lot of the holiday and xmas tourneys will give us a better snapshot.

A lot of people are high on Knox Central. Tough schedule and they can play. Won the WYMT classic with ease. Only loss to the #5 team in West Virginia in 3A the largest class there. More people need to take notice. They have a top 10 guard in the state with plenty of talent with him.

A lot of people are high on Knox Central. Tough schedule and they can play. Won the WYMT classic with ease. Only loss to the #5 team in West Virginia in 3A the largest class there. More people need to take notice. They have a top 10 guard in the state with plenty of talent with him.

It's hard to gauge those WV teams, especially this early in the season. Ashland recently beat a top 3 WV team (Capitol High School) by 23 points. I do believe Knox Central is a solid team, but it's hard to compare scores from out of state teams as most states as a whole are not on the level that Kentucky high school basketball is. Coaching makes a big difference at this level.