Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Boys Basketball Top 20 Discussion

Featured Replies

1. Trinity

2. Covington Catholic

3. Scott County

4. Fern Creek

5. Ballard

6. Lexington Catholic

7. Cooper

8. Pulaski County

9. John Hardin

10. Butler

11. Bryan Station

12. Corbin

13. Madison Central

14. Pleasure Ridge Park

15. Campbell County

16. Warren Central

17. Knox Central

18. Waggener

19. Christian County

20. Oldham County

 

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Oldham is a top 20 team yet. Walton blowing the lead without their big boy in the mddle makes me wonder about Oldham.

I'd love to include Christian County but I don't even think we are the top team in the 8th district right now. We struggled with a bad Russellville team in the first half and almost lost to a decent mayfield team.

 

We need Cory Trice back NOW...

I have seen about half of these teams play, will see more by the end of the week. Campbell County and Oldham County which I have watched are not top twenty team currently. I would throw LCA in the mix for sure and there are other worthy teams. I know this is difficult task this early in the season.

Two weeks from now I think we will have a clear picture of who belongs in the top 20 and who doesn't.

 

I agree...just too early for some of them to have played the type of competition to know how good you are at this point. A lot of the holiday and xmas tourneys will give us a better snapshot.

I agree...just too early for some of them to have played the type of competition to know how good you are at this point. A lot of the holiday and xmas tourneys will give us a better snapshot.

 

Yep

I see that Waggener is in top 20. We play them Friday at Morehead. Looking forward to that game.

Corbin is still much too high.

Campbell county has played there first 9 games on the road. They have won 8 of them only losing there opener to the 7th ranked team in the state Cooper. I believe they definitely deserve their ranking of 25th in the state

Sorry I mean 15th

A lot of people are high on Knox Central. Tough schedule and they can play. Won the WYMT classic with ease. Only loss to the #5 team in West Virginia in 3A the largest class there. More people need to take notice. They have a top 10 guard in the state with plenty of talent with him.

A lot of people are high on Knox Central. Tough schedule and they can play. Won the WYMT classic with ease. Only loss to the #5 team in West Virginia in 3A the largest class there. More people need to take notice. They have a top 10 guard in the state with plenty of talent with him.

 

It's hard to gauge those WV teams, especially this early in the season. Ashland recently beat a top 3 WV team (Capitol High School) by 23 points. I do believe Knox Central is a solid team, but it's hard to compare scores from out of state teams as most states as a whole are not on the level that Kentucky high school basketball is. Coaching makes a big difference at this level.

What makes Trinity better than CCH?

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.