***SPOILER THREAD*** Star Wars: The Last Jedi

GrantNKY

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I'm really disappointed that Rey's parents aren't important. I think I had built up their importance so much in my head over these past 2 years that it was a let down for me.

2) NO BACKSTORY FOR SNOKE! Are you serious. At least give us something about him.

3) The scene with Leia was stupid. You know the one I'm talking about too.

4) Kylo Ren is infinitely cooler with his mask.

5) Luke absorbing into the force was super predictable.

It was a good movie that if I didn't have such high expectations for I feel like I would have enjoyed more. TFA and Rogue One were so good that I really thought Disney would knock this out of the park and they didn't. It was a solid double in the gap, but not a home run.

I liked it and I kind of liked the fact that the reveal showed Rey's parents were not important, added gravitas to the importance of the scene on the boy in the stable. It won't be "important" people who win the rebellion it will be "nobodys".

Hopefully the next movie will show more about Snoak.

The Leia scene was a head-scratcher. When it first happened I thought they had done a good job dealing with Carrie Fischer's death. Now who knows.

Here's the big question I have. If people strong in the Force can manipulate the "real" world so much (like Luke in his big scene) and if like Yoda they can "come back" and make things happen in the real world why hasn't Palpetine or even Snoak done it?

I liked it and I kind of liked the fact that the reveal showed Rey's parents were not important, added gravitas to the importance of the scene on the boy in the stable. It won't be "important" people who win the rebellion it will be "nobodys".

The Leia scene was a head-scratcher. When it first happened I thought they had done a good job dealing with Carrie Fischer's death. Now who knows.

Here's the big question I have. If people strong in the Force can manipulate the "real" world so much (like Luke in his big scene) and if like Yoda they can "come back" and make things happen in the real world why hasn't Palpetine or even Snoak done it?

Good points about Palpetine and Snoak. Two takes on that for me, one being that it will be seen in the next one if it happens or two, the Jedi is much stronger than the dark side than ever known.

After watching it tonight, I was impressed. The Force Awakens was good IMO, but I enjoyed this one more overall. This one felt like it was its own movie and The Force Awakens didn’t, if that makes sense at all to anyone.

I really liked how the story has been done with Rey and the ending too. It’s very likely a strong indicator of where things are going from here.

It's not the fact that Rey is a nobody that bothers me, but to me I think they set it up in TFA for Rey to be the daughter or at least in some kind of relation to someone we met in the original trilogy. We've seen people from non-Jedi backgrounds be really strong in the force like Anakin of course. But why did Anakin/ Lukes light saber call to Rey in TFA?

That is something that can only be learned from the light side of the force. The Clone Wars series goes into some detail about it. That is one of the things that Obi-Wan and Yoda were doing in their respective exiles was attuning to the force and preparing for that. Anakin was familiar with it due to some encounters during the clone wars and I suspect their rationale with him would be more his raw power plus that knowledge.

I also agree about Rey's parents. I have never understood the need to connect character histories. I mean Lucas tripped over himself to do that with the worst 3 movies to bear the Star Wars name and all it did was sully the originals.

That is something that can only be learned from the light side of the force. The Clone Wars series goes into some detail about it. That is one of the things that Obi-Wan and Yoda were doing in their respective exiles was attuning to the force and preparing for that. Anakin was familiar with it due to some encounters during the clone wars and I suspect their rationale with him would be more his raw power plus that knowledge.

I also agree about Rey's parents. I have never understood the need to connect character histories. I mean Lucas tripped over himself to do that with the worst 3 movies to bear the Star Wars name and all it did was sully the originals.

Those worst 3 movies as you called it. Is actually what got me to be a star wars fan. The original ones did nothing for me when I was a little kid. It wasn't until the 3 prequel ones were made that made me a fan and that also ended up making me really love the originals too.

Those worst 3 movies as you called it. Is actually what got me to be a star wars fan. The original ones did nothing for me when I was a little kid. It wasn't until the 3 prequel ones were made that made me a fan and that also ended up making me really love the originals too.

That's unfortunate.

To be honest I actually liked the prequels too. They get a bad rep and a lot of it I feel is undeserved.

To be honest I actually liked the prequels too. They get a bad rep and a lot of it I feel is undeserved.

In what way? They're badly directed, have little to no subtlety, nothing resembling character development, and in the process do nothing to make you care about the cardboard cutouts that are only slightly better characterized than the battledroids they are fighting.

In what way? They're badly directed, have little to no subtlety, nothing resembling character development, and in the process do nothing to make you care about the cardboard cutouts that are only slightly better characterized than the battledroids they are fighting.

I don't have a vote for the motion picture academy, a lot of those things I don't really care all that much about. I also believe there to be a lot of character development amongst the main characters, especially in Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith. I don't understand why the battledroids get dinged all of the time, why does everyone care about them being humanized? Isn't the whole point for them not to he humanized?