Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

The Last Jedi

The Force Awakens

Rogue One

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Even though I have Rogue One ranked as far down as I do, I really liked it a lot.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way? They're badly directed, have little to no subtlety, nothing resembling character development, and in the process do nothing to make you care about the cardboard cutouts that are only slightly better characterized than the battledroids they are fighting.

The best thing about the prequels is The Clone Wars series.

Regarding TLJ, I really enjoyed it. The throne room scenes and the battle on Crait were awesome. Carrie Poppins was ridiculous and I could've done without Cantonica. Still can't understand why Captain Phasma is even a character and Finn should've died.

Carrie Poppins nice!

The Luke/ Kylo square off was awesome. Even with the spoiler. A new Jedi trick was long overdue.

I thought this movie brought us back to some original SWs themes: you don't have to be royalty to be a hero, losing your morals is always wrong, and heroes fight for what they love not against what they hate. So many movies, comics, books, and so much lore had con-fuddled those early messages.

TLJ was great. It's different and new. My wife loved it. I think Disney does a great job of engaging more than just SWs nerds like myself.

I just saw it tonight. I thought it was good. The character "DJ" was intruiging. I wonder why he started stuttering. I do not think he died and maybe he'll return. He reminds me of a Lando Calrisian kind of guy.

1) I'm really disappointed that Rey's parents aren't important. I think I had built up their importance so much in my head over these past 2 years that it was a let down for me.

2) NO BACKSTORY FOR SNOKE! Are you serious. At least give us something about him.

3) The scene with Leia was stupid. You know the one I'm talking about too.

4) Kylo Ren is infinitely cooler with his mask.

5) Luke absorbing into the force was super predictable.

It was a good movie that if I didn't have such high expectations for I feel like I would have enjoyed more. TFA and Rogue One were so good that I really thought Disney would knock this out of the park and they didn't. It was a solid double in the gap, but not a home run.

I finally got to watch tonight and have been avoiding this thread until...

On your points:

1) I don't really care about Rey's parents for whatever reason. If they aren't part of the story, they aren't part of the story.

2) Agree 100% here. Who is this guy? He can't come from nowhere and be the supreme leader.

3) When I watched that scene, I too thought it was a little out there (no pun intended). I also hated to see Admiral Ackbar's demise

4) Kylo Ren is a weak bad guy. I'll enjoy his death in the future

5) I didn't mind that as that's what Jedi Masters do.

I'll add this:

6) I think Luke projecting himself to another planet as essentially a force hologram is one of the coolest things that's ever happened in the series

7) After showing us exactly how powerful Luke has now become, I really wanted him to stick around for more. That was disappointing for me.

8) I was really happy to see the Royal Guards do something. It was awesome to see how they reacted to threats to the leader

I just saw this yesterday and it went well past my expectations (even with the Leia scene - which I thought had no real purpose).

Highlights for me:

Kylo/Rey fight scene with the Royal Guards.

Luke's role in the whole movie.

Cameron's whole trolling scene at the beginning.

Laura Dern is smoking hot with purple hair.

The absence of sound when the ship went through the Dreadnought at Light Speed

Lowlights

The whole Leia scene (we all know the one)

Bennico Del Toro's character - they could have done so much more with this but failed

Captain Phasma - they could have had more involvement but I think we will see her in the next episode

IF they showed Yoda coming back - why not Ben Kenboi or Anikan giving advice.

Just some rambling thoughts.....

• 2 weeks later...

The connection between Ben & Rey was unexpectedly intense. Loved the Yoda scene & I actually liked the Leia thing (lol).

And dang, I liked Finn/Rey as a potential couple... not looking that way now.

Definitely liked the Force Awakens & Rogue One better. But this was still super fun.