Bengals considered giving WR John Ross reps at cornerback

ProFootballTalk‏ Verified account @ProFootballTalk

Bengals considered giving WR John Ross reps at cornerback

Neck and neck with the Browns for the worst franchise is the NFL. Maybe even all of sports.

Such a joke.

Didn't they pass on the NOLA CB who is a stud? Can't remember the guy's name.

They should place Marvin Lewis on waivers

You all might want to know the whole story first. At this time last week they wasn't sure if Illoka was suspended or not. The other starting safety Shawn Williams was already out. Backup safety Wilson was also out. Dre was out, Pac man was out, Dennard was questionable with a knee injury. At the time that would have left them with Fledjehleam and Shaw at safety and Jackson and Russell at corner. They only had one corner on practice squad to move up. So yes someone on the team in a emergency may have had to move to corner. Which John Ross in 2014 was playing some corner in college.

That was the only reason they consider him at corner for last week, only for an emergency. It wasn't for changing positions completely. Lots to get upset and call the Bengals dumb for. This is not one of them. They are dumb for not even dressing him though when he was healthy.

You all might want to know the whole story first. At this time last week they wasn't sure if Illoka was suspended or not. The other starting safety Shawn Williams was already out. Backup safety Wilson was also out. Dre was out, Pac man was out, Dennard was questionable with a knee injury. At the time that would have left them with Fledjehleam and Shaw at safety and Jackson and Russell at corner. They only had one corner on practice squad to move up. So yes someone on the team in a emergency may have had to move to corner. Which John Ross in 2014 was playing some corner in college.

That was the only reason they consider him at corner for last week, only for an emergency. It wasn't for changing positions completely. Lots to get upset and call the Bengals dumb for. This is not one of them. They are dumb for not even dressing him though when he was healthy.

Totally agree...if the Pats did this, Belichick would be lauded...

I still want Marvin OUT!!!

Totally agree...if the Pats did this, Belichick would be lauded...

I still want Marvin OUT!!!

Agreed and I want Marvin out too. It's just always funny to me when the Bengals have a bad season, it goes straight to this organization is horrible, worst in sports blah, blah, blah. When at the end of the day depending what they do at head coach. The Bengals are still better off than our other professional team in the reds. The Bengals have been better ran than the reds for awhile now imo.

So people see this and I think people assumed that they were possibly trying to change his position or something. So they go to they are horrible. Without looking at it as a whole and realize it was only going to be in case of an emergency due to all the injuries. They weren't trying to change his position lol.

They are idiots though for basically wasting a top 10 pick and not even dressing him when he was healthy.

I'm not down on Ross, I just thought they had greater needs in other areas. The one concern I had about Ross was his availability, he seemed to be injured at Washington every time the wind blew. Now, was he truly injured for most of this year, or as I have heard on many occasions, Marvin didn't dress him due to the fact that he didn't want him in the first place?