LaVar Ball says Lakers are misusing Lonzo

In another interview, LaVar Ball has stated that the Lakers head coach Luke Walton is misusing his son, Lonzo Ball.

Dude just go away and let the kid have his own life.

Couldn't agree more! Why ESPN/CNN continue to give him a platform! :madman:

I believe it was Jason Whitlock, can't really remember, but anways....He was on Cowherd yesterday and he basically said that the Lakers are concerned that LaVar is really weighing on Lonzo and that his play is a direct result of Papa Ball putting the weight of the world on Lonzo's shoulders.

I think Lavar realizes his other two sons are hot-garbage on the court and Lonzo is his cash cow.

IMO, there will be a big time split at some point between father and son and it's going to get ugly when it happens.

Also comes on the heels of LaVar calling out Julius Randle for not passing him the ball, no pun intended.

I genuinely feel sorry for his kids. This will come to a messy, crashing halt at some point.

LaVar has become a caricature of himself, each time trying to one-up his last outrageous statement.

I believe it was Jason Whitlock, can't really remember, but anways....He was on Cowherd yesterday and he basically said that the Lakers are concerned that LaVar is really weighing on Lonzo and that his play is a direct result of Papa Ball putting the weight of the world on Lonzo's shoulders.

Without a doubt. Lonzo has disappointed, but has also shown some flashes of greatness. So the talent is there, but he has the looming idiot weighing on him at all times. Magic needs to sit down with Lonzo and say, "Look, your dad, he is out. Best for you to cut ties now and do your own thing. I can have this talk with him or you are. We have a lot invested in you and we will be damned if we are going to let some jackwagon ruin your career and my franchise."

Also comes on the heels of LaVar calling out Julius Randle for not passing him the ball, no pun intended.

I genuinely feel sorry for his kids. This will come to a messy, crashing halt at some point.

LaVar has become a caricature of himself, each time trying to one-up his last outrageous statement.

He doesn't pass anybody else the ball either. This was actually one of LaVar's milder takes.

LaVar is annoying. I don't like hearing him talk. BUT...everything he is doing is out of love for his sons (and himself). I don't see the "big split" in the family happening. All appearances with multiple Balls in one place don't indicate anything but love between them all. Is he making life harder on his son on the court? Probably but his teammates seem to like him and he's a rookie so he'd probably be taking some heat anyway.