Jalen Johnson back to Hoptown?

Per Chris Jung on twitter:

Per Aspire Academy coach Jeremy Kipness, Jalen Johnson is no longer with the Wizards basketball team in Louisville. According to multiple sources, Johnson, a senior, plans to re-enroll at Hopkinsville soon and play this season for the Tigers.

Would be big for Hoptown.

I think he will be ruled since he did not play in a game.

I agree. Aspire really has nothing to do with this. Since these kids attend DeSales (I think it is) then his eligibility lies with DeSales. If he did not play any varsity sport so far this year for DeSales then he should be good to go at Hopkinsville.

I think he will be ruled since he did not play in a game.

Are you sure about that?? They have played 5 games since the start of the school year. If there were score boards and refs Mr Tackett won't like that. I didn't see him listed on the roster and only stats for one game were posted.

Game Schedule - 2

He has not been cleared yet... The Devon Cooper situation is in play here. Jalen participated in a scrimmage where score was kept and referees were used. That is the issue at hand... The "when the school year starts" rule is clearly in play here.

It's a tough situation. I'm a huge fan of Jalen's. But the rule is in place to keep a kid from being able to do what he did. go get world class coaching on a team and then decide to join up with your school team about the time the season starts. This is why AAU ball doesn't exist in the fall for high school kids.

I'm torn because he's an amazing kid and a great player. But if he's allowed to do this, what is stopping other very good players to going to Oak hill for 3 months to start the year only to return right in time for their high school season? Seems like an unfair advantage to me for the kids who are good enough to get on these "non sanctioned" teams.