President Trump is NOT under investigation.

Wait a minute ... didn't the PRESIDENT say that he was being investigated?

So hold on .. a registered republican (Mueller) nominated by a registered republican (Rosenstein) who just happens to work for another registered republican (Sessions--who has recused himself for some reason) -- is now saying that he isn't sure if he is going to investigate Trump?

I have not seen anything from the Democrats suddenly acting like Mueller is the anti-christ. Hypocritical much?

Sounds like more "fake news" ... or a "side show" or ... more "lies" and "leaks" from the right? (No, no, no, no ... the right would never do that?)

Enough of the sarcasm that proves that both sides are full of it.

Does it bother anyone in this room that the President, regardless of party, consistently lies to enhance his own personal version of events? After all ... pretty sure he said in writing this past Friday that he was being investigated.

Is it safe to say that the right is okay with HIS lies?

The real side show here ... is that the right thinks this is about "Russia and the election" ... I have a feeling that this investigation is going to be about Trump and his conflicts of interest regarding his company's special favors to countries/companies/people who potentially gain special favors/consideration for patronizing his "companies".

From NY Times article:

They said Mr. Sekulow’s denials on Sunday were not so much a legal argument as an effort to repair the political damage from the apparent admission by Mr. Trump on Twitter.

Several lawyers who requested anonymity because they did not want to publicly comment on the president’s legal situation dismissed Mr. Sekulow’s comments about the president’s not having been notified that he is a target of the investigation. One noted that very few criminal investigations begin with an identified target. Rather, targets are notified much later, after evidence in the case is developed.

I can't see how he isn't being investigated. It would be like looking at U of L's recent transgressions and ignoring what Pitino was doing.

Wait a minute ... didn't the PRESIDENT say that he was being investigated?

So hold on .. a registered republican (Mueller) nominated by a registered republican (Rosenstein) who just happens to work for another registered republican (Sessions--who has recused himself for some reason) -- is now saying that he isn't sure if he is going to investigate Trump?

I have not seen anything from the Democrats suddenly acting like Mueller is the anti-christ. Hypocritical much?

Sounds like more "fake news" ... or a "side show" or ... more "lies" and "leaks" from the right? (No, no, no, no ... the right would never do that?)

Enough of the sarcasm that proves that both sides are full of it.

Does it bother anyone in this room that the President, regardless of party, consistently lies to enhance his own personal version of events? After all ... pretty sure he said in writing this past Friday that he was being investigated.

Is it safe to say that the right is okay with HIS lies?

The real side show here ... is that the right thinks this is about "Russia and the election" ... I have a feeling that this investigation is going to be about Trump and his conflicts of interest regarding his company's special favors to countries/companies/people who potentially gain special favors/consideration for patronizing his "companies".

The larger issue is all the unlawful leaks in our Government which confuse everything and leave us not knowing what is truthful and what is a manipulation.

The larger issue is all the unlawful leaks in our Government which confuse everything and leave us not knowing what is truthful and what is a manipulation.

I certainly agree.

However ... the truth of the matter ... for both sides (and I know it feels real big to the right currently but the rest of the population has felt the same way also) .. without some of these leaks ... a great deal of truthful items would not ever see the light of day. So I would go ahead and say that the system in general is what is truly broken.

This country has turned into something that our founders did not intend. Over the transportation of time -- views from over 200 years ago are transformed into something different. BOTH sides are responsible for that. This isn't something that the left invented ... and it isn't something that the right invented.

Now .. I work for one of the largest financial institutions in the world. (Matter of fact .. we are one of the large banks that the "President" has filed Chapter 13 on in the past). If I suspect that something illegal is going on -- it is my job to report it in anyway I see fit IF my direct manager does nothing with a potential legal act. Is that right? Maybe .. maybe not ... but there certainly haven't been any recent scandals like we have had in the past. It was the most successful way of fixing a bad set of issues.

What is your opinion in regard to the President saying that he was/is being investigated? Are you okay with it? Blame it on "leaks" (if that is it ... please explain how that is different than any other "leak"). Very interested in everyone's thoughts here.

I certainly agree.

However ... the truth of the matter ... for both sides (and I know it feels real big to the right currently but the rest of the population has felt the same way also) .. without some of these leaks ... a great deal of truthful items would not ever see the light of day. So I would go ahead and say that the system in general is what is truly broken.

This country has turned into something that our founders did not intend. Over the transportation of time -- views from over 200 years ago are transformed into something different. BOTH sides are responsible for that. This isn't something that the left invented ... and it isn't something that the right invented.

Now .. I work for one of the largest financial institutions in the world. (Matter of fact .. we are one of the large banks that the "President" has filed Chapter 13 on in the past). If I suspect that something illegal is going on -- it is my job to report it in anyway I see fit IF my direct manager does nothing with a potential legal act. Is that right? Maybe .. maybe not ... but there certainly haven't been any recent scandals like we have had in the past. It was the most successful way of fixing a bad set of issues.

What is your opinion in regard to the President saying that he was/is being investigated? Are you okay with it? Blame it on "leaks" (if that is it ... please explain how that is different than any other "leak"). Very interested in everyone's thoughts here.

Again as I mentioned in another thread, there is a Whistleblower Protection Act, there is not a Leaker Protection Act.

Again as I mentioned in another thread, there is a Whistleblower Protection Act, there is not a Leaker Protection Act.

Fair enough. I obviously need to get caught up.

Does that mean that you think that Trumps comments come under the Whitleblower protection act ... or are you flat out ignoring my question about the President?

Fair enough. I obviously need to get caught up.

Does that mean that you think that Trumps comments come under the Whitleblower protection act ... or are you flat out ignoring my question about the President?

I am not trying to be mean, I am just saying we all need to slow our roll when when it comes to positive comments about Leakers. It is an illegal act and anyone that feels something is so wrong that they need to report it needs to use the Whistleblower laws or leave their job. What they should never do is break the law by leaking and what we should never do is condone illegal leaking activity.

On the President, and I recently said this too, it is clear that he is his own worst enemy at times.

I will go further, the President needs to quit tweeting until he can get his act together.

As to that specific tweet, I am sure the President was emotional about it (it being the leaked report that he was under investigation and the matter as a whole) and venting a little bit based on his mental state at the time. At the end of the day, and no matter what the White House or any Liberal Judge says, President Trump's Tweets are just his personal ramblings and I don't read much into them other than we know what he is thinking in the moment.

I certainly agree.

At this point I have no clue what to believe, who to believe and nor do I have a clue what the hell is going on in America anymore. This is easily the most confusing and strangest times of politics that I have witnessed in my 42 years of life. I've never seen anything like what we have going on right now. It's truly astonishing what the current political situation and political climate is right now.

I am not trying to be mean, I am just saying we all need to slow our roll when when it comes to positive comments about Leakers. It is an illegal act and anyone that feels something is so wrong that they need to report it needs to use the Whistleblower laws or leave their job. What they should never do is break the law by leaking and what we should never do is condone illegal leaking activity.

On the President, and I recently said this too, it is clear that he is his own worst enemy at times.

I will go further, the President needs to quit tweeting until he can get his act together.

As to that specific tweet, I am sure the President was emotional about it (it being the leaked report that he was under investigation and the matter as a whole) and venting a little bit based on his mental state at the time. At the end of the day, and no matter what the White House or any Liberal Judge says, President Trump's Tweets are just his personal ramblings and I don't read much into them other than we know what he is thinking in the moment.

First off--thanks for hanging in there with me ... I am sure that you (and others) have provided their viewpoint until they are blue in the face ... thanks for providing it again in this forum.

Not to mention ... good points ... something that I will consider with a great deal of thought over the very near future.

Now ... I am going to say this as a joke (but typing it out ... I realized that the thought makes me really curious since I read over it) ... since you are so opposed to leaks ... how far does it go? Are you at the point where leaks are so common that you will eliminate them completely from this website? Kick people off? After all ... a leak is a leak!? Lots of "I heard from a reliable source" on websites such as this (and I freely admit/appreciate that you don't tolerate much bull when it comes to topics like that). When do things cross over the boundary to okay on websites such as this .. to the point where a person provides the same info to a newspaper? Both are sources of news ... should people here be worried about potential prosecution?

(The other reason I am curious ... is that there is another topic on the site that I thought about contacting you about where I know a ton of truthful information ... but I am not real sure I want to leak it ... true story).

First off--thanks for hanging in there with me ... I am sure that you (and others) have provided their viewpoint until they are blue in the face ... thanks for providing it again in this forum.

Not to mention ... good points ... something that I will consider with a great deal of thought over the very near future.

Now ... I am going to say this as a joke (but typing it out ... I realized that the thought makes me really curious since I read over it) ... since you are so opposed to leaks ... how far does it go? Are you at the point where leaks are so common that you will eliminate them completely from this website? Kick people off? After all ... a leak is a leak!? Lots of "I heard from a reliable source" on websites such as this (and I freely admit/appreciate that you don't tolerate much bull when it comes to topics like that). When do things cross over the boundary to okay on websites such as this .. to the point where a person provides the same info to a newspaper? Both are sources of news ... should people here be worried about potential prosecution?

(The other reason I am curious ... is that there is another topic on the site that I thought about contacting you about where I know a ton of truthful information ... but I am not real sure I want to leak it ... true story).

You're welcome and please let's not confuse Illegal Government Leakers, leaking classified/top secret documents/information with anyone else lawfully sharing information on a topic.

For example, there is no law against sharing a Basketball Coach was Fired because he is way too interested in the Girls he is coaching or because Money keeps disappearing or because the Super wanted to bring in his own Coach, or because a Coach has a gambling problem, or because a Principal is grade fixing, and so on and so on...

I will say this to everyone reading, if anyone shares any accurate information with me I will never ever ever reveal the source under any circumstances.

At this point I have no clue what to believe, who to believe and nor do I have a clue what the hell is going on in America anymore. This is easily the most confusing and strangest times of politics that I have witnessed in my 42 years of life. I've never seen anything like what we have going on right now. It's truly astonishing what the current political situation and political climate is right now.

It's very important, regardless of ideology, to be able to effectively filter information (and disinformation). For me the bottom line is :

Conservative SCOTUS Nom check

Improved economic climate check

Balance budget proposal check

Reduced Illegal Immigration and crimes by such folks check

Improved services for Veterans check

The rest is just noise to be ignored.

It's very important, regardless of ideology, to be able to effectively filter information (and disinformation). For me the bottom line is :

The balanced budget he presented is fantasy world.

Conservative SCOTUS Nom check

Improved economic climate check

Reduced Illegal Immigration and crimes by such folks check

Improved services for Veterans check

The rest is just noise to be ignored.

If I'm not mistaken illegal immigration has been on the decline for a few years.

I agree on most of the other checks. But budget isn't very realistic.