QUIZ: Name the Football Playing Counties Who Have Yet To Reach a State Finals

ATLCat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely no team from Cumberland County has....

They ain't playing football (Currently)...."Football Playing Counties"

There are a couple counties that used to that no longer play but I havent included them

Laurel, McCreary and Knox County from my area come quickly to mind.

Knox I included with Whitley due to Corbin's location... on my stats I literally have it as Knox/Whitley because correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Corbin's District sits in both counties?

Knox I included with Whitley due to Corbin's location... on my stats I literally have it as Knox/Whitley because correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Corbin's District sits in both counties?

and Laurel County as well I believe. The school itself is in Whitley, but the field may be in Knox.

Edit: City limits goes into three counties but it looks like the school district is only in two, Knox and Whitley as you stated.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

and Laurel County as well I believe. The school itself is in Whitley, but the field may be in Knox or Laurel.

The school is in Whitley County and the field is in Knox County, but no part of the city or school district is in Laurel County, although the stadium is only 1/2 mile from the Laurel Co. line. Many businesses in what is called North Corbin have been pushing for annexation into Corbin, but Laurel has fought it off so far.

The school is in Whitley County and the field is in Knox County, but no part of the city or school district is in Laurel County, although the stadium is only 1/2 mile from the Laurel Co. line. Many businesses in what is called North Corbin have been pushing for annexation into Corbin, but Laurel has fought it off so far.

The Corbin city map shows an annex running up across 25E, I thought that portion might be in Laurel. Looking again I see you are correct it is just east of the Laurel county line.

My Bad! I knew Walmart and that area wasn't in the city, because we couldn't get Corbin Police there...always had to count on Laurel Sheriff to handle everything.

They ain't playing football (Currently)...."Football Playing Counties"

There are a couple counties that used to that no longer play but I havent included them

And that's what happens when one jumps straight into the quiz without reading.