Yankees @ Reds (5/8-5/9)

The ML best 20-9 New York Yankees come to down to close out the Reds 9 game home stand with a 2 game tilt to begin the week. The Yankees are coming off a sweep of the Cubs including an 18 inning marathon game last night.

Pitching matchups:

Tonight: Tanaka vs. Davis

Tuesday: Sabathia vs. Adleman

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hoping for splitting the series. Think our best chance is tonight.

Agreed.

Why do you feel that way? I believe tomorrow is by far the Reds best chance given the pitching matchups.

Why do you feel that way? I believe tomorrow is by far the Reds best chance given the pitching matchups.

I'm with you. I get the Yankees just played an 18 inning game, but they're facing Rookie Davis. I imagine they'll score at least 6 runs off him.

Sabathia is a shell of what he used to be. I like the Reds chances tomorrow night. Tonight, not so much.

See post #10. They are professionals, but also human. Hope the Reds can take care of business both nights.

See post #10. They are professionals, but also human. Hope the Reds can take care of business both nights.

Consdering these guys aren't getting "off work" till after 11 most night I don't think it will have that big of an impact. I think 2-3AM bedtime on a regular basis isn't that crazy for a lot of these guys.