WCPO Channel 9 urging Boycott of Bengals

We are urging every Bengals fan to take drastic action.

Instead of buying a Bengals ticket this year, take the $50 or more you would have spent on that ticket and donate the money to a nonprofit that works to prevent violence against women. We have included a list of organizations below.

Enough is enough, Bengals. We can excuse another season without winning a playoff game.

We can't excuse drafting a player like Joe Mixon.

Editorial: The Bengals drafting Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is inexcusable - WCPO Cincinnati, OH

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean WCPO will quit covering the Bengals?

Otherwise they are hypocrites, right? If WCPO doesn't want the Bengals to profit they shouldn't profit either from coverage of the Bengals.

Anyone?

I'll tell you why WCPO did this -> this is the beginning of a Nielsen sweep ratings period. Beginning of May is when local television stations go head-to-head for advertising dollars based on viewership.

I'll tell you why WCPO did this -> this is the beginning of a Nielsen sweep ratings period. Beginning of May is when local television stations go head-to-head for advertising dollars based on viewership.

Like has been already mentioned, I think it will mean very little one way or the other but if WCPO is going to continue covering the Bengals then I am going to discontinue watching any WCPO newscasts.

Sure they can still cover the Bengals.

I don't see anyone calling for newspapers calling for boycotts or protest against politicians to quit covering and reporting on those same politicians.

Of course they still can but I believe that makes them hypocrites.

Of course they still can but I believe that makes them hypocrites.

It may, but no one calls a newspaper or cable channel a hypocrite for covering someone they completely oppose. President Trump has made a lot of money for late night comedians and cable channels that hate him as they cover him and talk about him incessantly every single day.

But to your point calling the press a hypocrite these days is the same as calling water, wet or grass, green. They will rail against big business but will take every advertising dollar from them they can get. They will rant against politicians and put them on the front page day after day, because it sells. A newspaper being hypocritical isn't really anything new.