Anderson County 65 South Oldham 56 (8th Region Semifinal)

Kudos to both teams on a competitive game.

Anderson wins it with great defense and balanced scoring.

South just did not have the touch with the ball tonight; just 37.7% from the field overall and 16% beyond the arc.

Officials seemed to call it tighter out in open court and let more go underneath tonight....that probably benefitted the Bearcats. But at the end of the day, the difference was Anderson making shots and South missing them.

Great season for South. Kudos to Coach Simpson and the Dragons.

Congratulations to Glen Drury and the Cats, who are really peaking at the right time.

All 30th-district final tomorrow....for the 12th consecutive season (since the 8th redistricted in 2006), the region will go to either a 29th or 30th district team.

First final between two teams of the same district since South defeated Oldham in 2013 in an all-29th final...

LIVE VIDEO tomorrow night, beginning with a 6:30 pm pregame at The Pegasus Sports Network - PSN

YES! Anderson did everything tonight they didn't do in the loss at South Oldham. They closed out on the three, played much better defense overall, rebounded much better, and for most of the game handled South Oldham's pressure. It got a little dicey about halfway through the fourth quarter and South looked like they were going to come back after Anderson made some untimely turnovers, but Anderson weathered it and went on to extend the lead. Tomorrow night's final against Collins will be the rubber match, each team having beat each other on the road. The atmosphere should be electric tomorrow night at the Roy.

Coach Simpson and the Dragons have lived a lot by the 3 Ball. They will be back.

In Andersons loss @SO, South was 14-34 from 3 land. Last night they were 5-31. That's a HUGE difference. Quite a bit of that had to do with better defense and rebounding from AC as SO didn't get nearly as many clean looks as they did in their first meeting, nor 2nd chance wide open opportunities off of kickouts from offensive rebounds which really hurt AC in their first game. Regardless, they are a good, well coached team and they had a very good season.

In Andersons loss @SO, South was 14-34 from 3 land. Last night they were 5-31. That's a HUGE difference. Quite a bit of that had to do with better defense and rebounding from AC as SO didn't get nearly as many clean looks as they did in their first meeting, nor 2nd chance wide open opportunities off of kickouts from offensive rebounds which really hurt AC in their first game. Regardless, they are a good, well coached team and they had a very good season.

Coach Drury is a great coach, and I'm sure made some necessary adjustments. Happy for him, and AC on how they've turned their season around. 3 out of 5 for Coach Simpson and SO isn't bad. I really enjoyed watching the Griffin kid over the past few seasons.

Coach Drury is a great coach, and I'm sure made some necessary adjustments. Happy for him, and AC on how they've turned their season around. 3 out of 5 for Coach Simpson and SO isn't bad. I really enjoyed watching the Griffin kid over the past few seasons.

When I said above "they are a good, well coached team and they had a very good season" I was referring to SO and giving them some props. Sorry I didn't make that more clear, my bad.