Montini Catholic (IL) 76 Simon Kenton 46

I think the Chattanooga teams players were ranked a lot higher than even the Chicago team and they had more D1 kids. They have a 6'6" freshman that starts and is number 1in the nation in her class! They also had 4 other 6 footers and one of them is their starting PG! Oozing with athletes.

I think the Chattanooga teams players were ranked a lot higher than even the Chicago team and they had more D1 kids. They have a 6'6" freshman that starts and is number 1in the nation in her class! They also had 4 other 6 footers and one of them is their starting PG! Oozing with athletes.

Both teams were loaded with talent. Would've been a fun game to watch if they played. Montini beat a great Pickerton team later yesterday. Mercer Co. played Hamilton tough it seems by the score.

Hamilton Hts is 5th in nation.

Montini is 12th in nation.

Link to national top 25:

MaxPreps Top 25 preseason high school girls basketball rankings - MaxPreps

Thank you Panda for posting the pictures. I was only able to see the 2nd half of this game and by that time it was out of hand or most certainly close to being out of hand. Montini def. had some players! Very impressive team

Very contrasting from the Ryle game. SK simply overwhelmed Ryle and hard to tell much from that game. I can almost say the same thing with this game however it was SK that seemed to be getting overwhelmed.

Offensively, SK really struggled to take care of the ball. I would like to know the live ball turnovers alone in this game as that creates all kinds of issues defensively and obviously impacts the number of shots you are able to get up. Montini size seemed to bother SK as well. I'm guessing they were close to 10 blocks and SK also shot almost double digit air balls. I think the size and pressure from Montini had something to do with that.

Defensively, the guards really struggled again stopping ball penetration and getting thru screens. Montini was very well coached and very talented. They used multiple 'set' plays to get open threes and their girls seemed to knock them down every time. SK also missed multiple, multiple block out opportunities that allowed Montini to get second and third chances. Outside of ball penetration, rebounding is starting to be an issue for the team. The better the competition you play the more that has to be cleaned up. Simple pride; concentrate, stop your player from penetrating, block out. Be in solid defensive position every time and the sky could be the limit. More focus on defense vs how many points I have. I'm sure these coaches will grade the players out and they will all learn from this.

Great team to play against early in the season. Hopefully these girls will learn from this experience and continue to grow as a team. Team ball, ball movement, ball security and better defense. As coach Cal says... they will all eat, otherwise..... ughhh

Thank you Panda for posting the pictures. I was only able to see the 2nd half of this game and by that time it was out of hand or most certainly close to being out of hand. Montini def. had some players! Very impressive team

Very contrasting from the Ryle game. SK simply overwhelmed Ryle and hard to tell much from that game. I can almost say the same thing with this game however it was SK that seemed to be getting overwhelmed.

Offensively, SK really struggled to take care of the ball. I would like to know the live ball turnovers alone in this game as that creates all kinds of issues defensively and obviously impacts the number of shots you are able to get up. Montini size seemed to bother SK as well. I'm guessing they were close to 10 blocks and SK also shot almost double digit air balls. I think the size and pressure from Montini had something to do with that.

Defensively, the guards really struggled again stopping ball penetration and getting thru screens. Montini was very well coached and very talented. They used multiple 'set' plays to get open threes and their girls seemed to knock them down every time. SK also missed multiple, multiple block out opportunities that allowed Montini to get second and third chances. Outside of ball penetration, rebounding is starting to be an issue for the team. The better the competition you play the more that has to be cleaned up. Simple pride; concentrate, stop your player from penetrating, block out. Be in solid defensive position every time and the sky could be the limit. More focus on defense vs how many points I have. I'm sure these coaches will grade the players out and they will all learn from this.

Great team to play against early in the season. Hopefully these girls will learn from this experience and continue to grow as a team. Team ball, ball movement, ball security and better defense. As coach Cal says... they will all eat, otherwise..... ughhh

This is a refreshing post. One that kids shouldn't feel bad about, but can learn from if they listen.

I like the posts that aren't all sunshine and rainbows. I don't like to drill individuals. But team goals for getting better should always be welcomed. If you want to make a run, all those things sound like they need worked in.