Steeler Draft - Free Agent Needs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Rooney publicly stated the need to upgrade the secondary and suggested that it could be through free agency. Typically when he speaks like that, it happens. That said, I suspect they'll target safety instead of corner. Just a hunch. Some chatter that Weddle could be a target but the interest would have to be mutual and he might price himself out of their range. They won't do anything at QB if Bruce is healthy IMO. Sadly, I think they'll ride with the corners they have on the roster and maybe add one in the middle rounds.

Mr Rooney publicly stated the need to upgrade the secondary and suggested that it could be through free agency. Typically when he speaks like that, it happens. That said, I suspect they'll target safety instead of corner. Just a hunch. Some chatter that Weddle could be a target but the interest would have to be mutual and he might price himself out of their range. They won't do anything at QB if Bruce is healthy IMO. Sadly, I think they'll ride with the corners they have on the roster and maybe add one in the middle rounds.

If you were advising the Steelers what would be your positions of concern?

If you were advising the Steelers what would be your positions of concern?

I'd sign a safety in free agency if the $ was right. They will likely address OL and DL early in the draft. Personally if the Mackey award winner from Arkansas was there at 25 I'd take him. Unless a sure thing fell that far like Noah Spence.

I read they plan on leading the 2 nose tackles go and hopefully drafting a good one or getting a good one in free agency. I would love to see them sign the big guy Haloti Ngata and the safety from San Diego Weddle.

They will resign McLendon and he was a stud against the run.

Not what I have read during the playoffs they had to keep sliding Tuit and Heyward inside. I heard McLeondon and Thomas are gone.

They experimented with McLendon in rotation and were successful. If the negotiations are amicable he will be back. They don't want to go into the season with McCullers the only nose on the roster even though they were in base less than 30% of their defensive snaps.

I'd sign a safety in free agency if the $ was right. They will likely address OL and DL early in the draft. Personally if the Mackey award winner from Arkansas was there at 25 I'd take him. Unless a sure thing fell that far like Noah Spence.

Dear Lord Spence a Steeler? He is the #1 or #2 pick in the draft if he's still at Ohio State.

They experimented with McLendon in rotation and were successful. If the negotiations are amicable he will be back. They don't want to go into the season with McCullers the only nose on the roster even though they were in base less than 30% of their defensive snaps.

There is alot of DT/NT that are free agents this year.

I think they will take a top rated TE in round 1 if he is there, but not free agency. Miller is on the downsize, but should have a year or two left, and Ben loves the TE check down.

I agree. However, if Hunter Henry is off the board by 25, I think they'll pass til later. Henry would be a game changer for the STeelers. Blocks well, runs well, good hands. He's my choice in the first round. But you know how that goes, the combine could change some folks opinions.