Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steeler Draft - Free Agent Needs

Featured Replies

  • Author
Hope Green finally lives up to that potential we've always heard about. I'm not optimistic.

 

77 catches over four years. I agree Jim, he has a lot to prove.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
77 catches over four years. I agree Jim, he has a lot to prove.

 

That is not bad considering he has played behind Gates.

He was pretty good in Gates absence last year. Great size, outstanding speed, and good hands. Needs to learn how to block, mainly because he wasn't required to do that much in SD. I have questions about the Steelers defensive selections, but I'll never doubt what they see in a receiver of any sort. I'd argue they have been the best at it for a decade.

  • Author
He was pretty good in Gates absence last year. Great size, outstanding speed, and good hands. Needs to learn how to block, mainly because he wasn't required to do that much in SD. I have questions about the Steelers defensive selections, but I'll never doubt what they see in a receiver of any sort. I'd argue they have been the best at it for a decade.

 

From Rotoworld:

 

The match couldn't be more perfect on paper for both player and team. With Heath Miller's unexpected retirement following the season, the Steelers needed an all-around tight end, and Green fits the bill. Green first found his way onto the field in San Diego because he knew how to block. It's an added bonus because Green is already a gifted athlete at 6'6/240. He ran a 4.56 forty at the 2012 Combine with a 10-foot-4 broad jump. He's dripping with upside with Ben Roethlisberger in one of the game's top-three passing offenses and out of Antonio Gates' shadow.

 

=====================

 

And I am certainly not bashing the signing, but I am a little skeptical. Thinking back to watching the Chargers play last year Rivers was doing a lot of short passing and it surprises me Green's numbers weren't better overall. With that said, 2015 was his best year receiving by far.

Well he has been behind one of the greatest TE in league history. As for the blocking, I watched at least a dozen times on another site where he blocked from a 3pt stance and it wasn't outstanding. I think with JJames and Green and Spaeth that the TE position is on good shape and that position is now an afterthought in the draft.

And Ill say this, Ben will make the kid his best. Ben is a boss

And unfairly to Green, a couple of his blocking failures in the run game were against James Harrison. And really, everyone fails in blocking James on the edge. Including tackles.

  • Author
Well he has been behind one of the greatest TE in league history. As for the blocking, I watched at least a dozen times on another site where he blocked from a 3pt stance and it wasn't outstanding. I think with JJames and Green and Spaeth that the TE position is on good shape and that position is now an afterthought in the draft.

And Ill say this, Ben will make the kid his best. Ben is a boss

 

And unfairly to Green, a couple of his blocking failures in the run game were against James Harrison. And really, everyone fails in blocking James on the edge. Including tackles.

 

Definitely appears to be a solid FA pickup for the Steelers where they had a definite need.

 

I think it is good team management.

 

Too bad there aren't more WRs on the market for the Bengals to do the same.

I can hear Guru shaking in his boots all the way from here. :banana:

  • Author
I can hear Guru shaking in his boots all the way from here. :banana:

 

Only when Tomlin gives a sideline reporter the Tomlin Look!

I have a patient today with the last name Weddle. I'm hoping that's a good omen.:woot:

I have a patient today with the last name Weddle. I'm hoping that's a good omen.:woot:
Well Mr. Weddle needed tons of treatment, left the building with none. Probably a bad omen.:idunno:

Well, he signed with the Ravens, so it was a bad omen.:lol2:

Well, he signed with the Ravens, so it was a bad omen.:lol2:

 

Think the Steelers will go after Reggie Nelson?

  • Author
Well, he signed with the Ravens, so it was a bad omen.:lol2:

 

The Ravens are spending some money.

 

They could be a sleeper this coming season.

The Ravens are spending some money.

 

They could be a sleeper this coming season.

 

Baltimore had such an injury ridden season it wouldn't surprise me to see Baltimore back in the mix of being the top of the AFCN.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.