Richardson 2

Wharton 11

Watkins 10

Lane 5

Powell 5

Carpenter 4

R. Jenkins 3

Dreux 3

Were you there? What's the scoop? They held Lafayette's big to 3 points?

Were you there? What's the scoop? They held Lafayette's big to 3 points?

I was there. Dunbar and Lafayette were both sluggish and sloppy early. You could tell neither team had played in almost 2 weeks. Dunbar really active defensively and pushed it down the floor. Also, shot it well. Hollingsworth pulled up from behind the volleyball line once and strokes it. Ross Jenkins had a couple could early but it was only 11 points at the half. Bulldogs shoot it well in 3rd and never looked back.

This Dunbar team is the best team in the state. They just have to be this team consistently.

Jenkins was in foul trouble the whole game. I doubt he played more than about 12-14 min.

Hollingsworth is so smooth. He just doesn't take bad shots and can still score consistently.

I don't doubt that, but anyone that says they predicted a 30 point margin is not telling the truth. 15 wouldn't have surprised me, but 30? Wow.

Well...I predicted that Dunbar would win the state championship so I'm ok with it haha. But this was definitely a bigger blowout than expected.

Well...I predicted that Dunbar would win the state championship so I'm ok with it haha. But this was definitely a bigger blowout than expected.

After last season I'll never predict a state championship winner until after all of the region tournament are done. :lol2:

Except for this one:

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/sweet-16-november-316279.html#post5728300

They beat Henry Clay by 18; lost to Trinity by double digits; and Henry Clay won at Trinity by double figures. Granted, they also have beaten Trinity, but lost to Madison Central.

I think they are one of the top 3 teams, no question. But my point above is along the lines of what PP said. I would have very little confidence in predicting the eventual state champion. There are simply too many variables in a one and out format.