Augusta 67 St. Patrick 61

This was a GAME. Saints cut the lead to 59-56 about halfway through the 4th quarter.

Hard to go on one game, but Frey has improved IMMENSELY from last season. Don't think he sat for one second. Got mauled underneath a lot but never complained.

Just a good, hardnosed basketball game. Saints know that they can hang.

As always, nice to catch AndOneDad after the game for a few minutes. And cross mtb19 off the bucket list.:thumb:

Nice to see my friend MCPapa as well. Good game and St. Pat impressed me with their effort and game plan. They're better than I thought for sure. Augusta has a ways to go yet as we had too many turnovers and did a poor job getting back on "D" which turned a comfortable 10 point lead into a very competitive game till the last 1:40. Can't have these mental lapses with such a veteran team. St. Pat played very hard and I was impressed with their effort and Coaching. My Panthers need to get it together if they want to make it to MoCo and compete.

Any ideas on what the saints could've done to pull it off?

This is closer than I expected

This team plays with a lot of heart and have improved their game. Fight for loose balls and rebounds. Get the benefit of a couple of close calls. Tighten up their defense and crisper passing and knock down those free throws. A tweak here and there and these young men may surprise some teams left in their season. A good night for the Saints, just couldn't get past 3 down in the 4th but hung in there and showed they can play. A great group of young men. Kudos to the Panthers, they didn't break when the game got tight. Good game to watch, just wish for these young men that they had come out on top.

St. Pat going to be dangerous come District time. Coach Taylor has these guys playing hard and starting to believe they can and should win. This is six consecutive qtrs they have been very competitive against Panthers. I don't know what their confidence level in District will be against Bracken or Mason; but, it's for sure they would want a Panther draw.

Any ideas on what the saints could've done to pull it off?

This is closer than I expected

Settled for bad shots, took way too many 3s, still struggled a bit from the line, and took a few plays of on defense. Officiating wasn't great, but by no means one sided, refs pretty much let everyone play, however there were a 3-4 questionable calls in a row against st pat that put Augusta on the line and let them pad their lead. Great game all around. If we take anything away from last night it should be that St. Pat is by no means out of the conversation.

This was a GAME. Saints cut the lead to 59-56 about halfway through the 4th quarter.

Hard to go on one game, but Frey has improved IMMENSELY from last season. Don't think he sat for one second. Got mauled underneath a lot but never complained.

Just a good, hardnosed basketball game. Saints know that they can hang.

Like I said last night, I believe he could start for any team in the Region.

Like I said last night, I believe he could start for any team in the Region.

Hard to believe O'Hearn cut him in his years at MC. Tried out every year since 7th grade and never got the shot. Really could've helped the royals this year. He rebounds way better than Williams and Sweeney.