Just this morning.....

OlDog75

So, I'm out of town driving to breakfast this morning on the main street of town. The local police is patrolling the street and the officer is going the same direction as my wife and I. It's early so there is not that much traffic on kthe main street.

The speed limit is 25, police officer is in inside lane and I'm parralel to her cruiser on the outside lane. I proceed to an intersection to make a right turn to basically go around the block and park across from restaurant. I was doing 25, no more than 27mph. She gets behind me and as we stop at a light at another intersection, she lights me up. I see the lights, ,traffic lights turns green and I creep across the road to an empty lot so we both would have room out of traffic.

She proceeds to tell me that "I passed her" therefore I "was speeding". My wife and I looked at each other in utter disbelief. I told officer I was pretty sure I was not speeding, but I may have been doing 27mph. She then made the statement that she thought I was attempting to flee. According to officer, she said she was starting to get out of her cruiser when I pulled away, at about 10 mph to cross the intersection as to not clog up traffic at an intersection. (My wife and I never saw her exit her cruiser)

Once again my wife and I looked at each other in complete disbelief! I even joked with the officer if I was being pranked. Then she just kept it up with the "speeding" and "attempt to flee".

Now at this point I was gettting peeved but I kept my cool. I asked her why would I stop at a busy intersection where we both would be in traffics way when we both can just go 30 more feet to pull over and not be in harms way. The lot I pulled into was one way in, same way out. I then asked her how fast she thought I was going because the speedometer on my rental indicated 25,26, or 27. All she said again was that I had "passed" her therefore I was speeding. After all this she let me go, and we wished each other a good day. ..THIS WAS CRAZY STUPID!!

Never pass a cop that is just asking for it.

So if she was doing 15 in a 25 zone, one should not pass? That's nuts. I honestly could not believe she lit me up for allegedly doing 2mph over 25. It's not a high crime rate area we were trying to find a parking place in. It isn't like I was behind her and then went around. I was in the lane beside her cruiser as we were traveling in the same direction.

So if she was doing 15 in a 25 zone, one should not pass? That's nuts. I honestly could not believe she lit me up for allegedly doing 2mph over 25. It's not a high crime rate area we were trying to find a parking place in. It isn't like I was behind her and then went around. I was in the lane beside her cruiser as we were traveling in the same direction.

I always stay behind them.

I got pulled over by an off duty police officer once on 471, I had stayed behind him the whole way until I switched lanes to get off at my exit. I then slightly passed him as he was clearly going under the speed limit. He got behind me and hit the lights. When he got to the car he says, "I can't have you showing me up"

I was completely flabbergasted by that, as I was not showing anyone up and with a cop in clear sight I was very careful not to go over the speed limit or even approach the actual limit. He let me go, but not before wasting both of our time for a few minutes. I still don't understand him baiting me (IMO) then pulling me over probably 100 yards from my exit. Completely unnecessary

You could not pay me enough to be a cop. They could have thrown out the stop sticks on you but it would have taken you a while to run over them. Sorry you had such an encounter. The world is in a strange place right now and it is hard to tell who the good guys are.