2015-16 16th Region

Elliott County surprised many fans by cutting down the nets last year & the young Lions return a lot of talent in 2015-16, but is it enough to make them the favorites?

Jordan Perry returns as the 16th's top individual player, at least in my opinion, and should have Morgan County in contention for a championship in the Class "A", District, & Region.

There is a new regime in Ashland, but is it one that can get the Tomcats back to Rupp Arena?

Who do you see being the top teams and players in the 16th Region for 2015-16?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top teams

Elliott Co

Boyd Co

Morgan Co

Raceland

Rowan Co

West Carter

Fairview

Top Players

Jordan Perry- Morgan Co

Christian Villers- Ashland

Ben Jordan- West Carter

Gage Hughes- Greenup Co

Larry Whelan- Rowan Co

Bobby Anderson- Boyd Co

Antwan Washington- Fairview

Chase Porter- Elliott Co

Hayden Roe- West Carter

Korbin Spencer- Elliott Co

Michael Prater- Morgan Co

Jake Parker- Lewis Co

Ethan Raby- Russell

Tyler Morris- Raceland

Alex Roy- Fairview

Dalton Brown- West Carter

Ryan Adams- Morgan Co

Trenton Walker- Lewis Co

Jake Mitchell- Bath Co

Cory Cornett- Menifee Co

Didnt Morgan have another player last year that was suppose to be a stud and was ruled academically ineligible? Did he graduate?

He is a great player. He will be eligible and will be a Senior. Potential to be a top 5 player in the region.

Wide open this year. For Morgan to win it, they better have a lot of other kids step up. Elliott will be tuff . If big Ben Jordan plays , and gets some guard help, West Carter might be there. Lewis has some kids back , and a top notch coach. Could be a good year in Vanceburg. The season is getting closer.

Wide open this year. For Morgan to win it, they better have a lot of other kids step up. Elliott will be tuff . If big Ben Jordan plays , and gets some guard help, West Carter might be there. Lewis has some kids back , and a top notch coach. Could be a good year in Vanceburg. The season is getting closer.

Lewis county very well could be one of the top teams. This is only my opinion. I am no expert on teams or players in the region by any means. Those are just the kids that I can remember from last season. Elliott lost their best inside player in Holbrook and their best defender in Sloas. They still have a lot of good players returning. Rowan lost a lot, but have some decent young players returning. Should be a competitive year again in the region.

Russell and Ashland will have new energy in their programs.

Have all the new energy you want, but you still need players. Villers , better get all the big time players walking the hall`s or could be another long year. Russell not sure about yet, not really any big time players, I do think Brewer will have a better year. Elliot my be my pick for now. The Lose of Hon Ment all state Jair Jackson and Tackett sill there will hurt Greenup, But many returning play `s will help some. Toss up and week 16th

Lewis county very well could be one of the top teams. This is only my opinion. I am no expert on teams or players in the region by any means. Those are just the kids that I can remember from last season. Elliott lost their best inside player in Holbrook and their best defender in Sloas. They still have a lot of good players returning. Rowan lost a lot, but have some decent young players returning. Should be a competitive year again in the region.

I think you are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. I think you have a pretty good knowledge of the game.

I think you are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. I think you have a pretty good knowledge of the game.

Just love to watch the kids play and always root for the 16th region teams. I think the region is wide open again.