Bengals 2015 Draft Picks

Round 1, Pick 21 (21) Cedric Ogbuehi OT 6'5" 306 Texas A&M 5.9

Pick Analysis: "I am really happy for the kid. He suffered a torn ACL in Texas A&M's bowl game this year and it was thought that injury would push him back in the draft. He reminds you of the Jets' D-Brickashaw Fergson. Because the Bengals have Andre Smith and Andrew Whitworth at tackle, Ogbuehi can get healthy before he has to play." -- Mike Mayock

Round 2, Pick 21 (53) Jake Fisher OT 6'6" 306 Oregon 5.8

Pick Analysis: "Fisher is probably the most accomplished zone tackle in this draft. He fits the zone scheme of the Cincinnati Bengals. Offensive line coach Paul Alexander is really going to like him. He finishes plays; playing through the whistle." -- Mike Mayock

Round 3, Pick 21 (85) Tyler Kroft TE 6'5" 246 Rutgers 5.3

Pick Analysis: "Kroft is one of the real solid guys, who as the draft process moved on gained more steam." -- Mike Mayock

Round 3, Pick 35 (99) (compensatory selection) Paul Dawson ILB 6'0" 235 TCU 5.8

Pick Analysis: "Paul Dawson's tape is as good as anybody's in the country. He is a little bit like Chris Borland. The question is why he wasn't a first- or second-round pick. He's not a tester; his measureables weren't good. And, there are questions about character." -- Mike Mayock

Round 4, Pick 21 (120) Josh Shaw CB 6'0" 201 USC 5.5

Pick Analysis: Depending on their defensive alignment, Bengals can play Shaw at corner or safety. He lacks the fluidity to be a starting perimeter cover man, but he can add range and physicality from the safety position. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 4, Pick 36 (135) (compensatory selection) Marcus Hardison DT 6'3" 307 Arizona State 5.6

Pick Analysis: A junior college transfer, Hardison is an ascending player who showed steady progress as a 3-technique in 2014 and through the Senior Bowl. Bengals were poor getting to the quarterback and Hardison is the type of penetrating defensive lineman they can use. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 5, Pick 21 (157) C.J. Uzomah TE 6'5" 264 Auburn 5.0

Pick Analysis: Cincinnati continues to add tight end depth with the departure of Jermaine Gresham. Uzomah doesn't possess inline skills but he's a solid receiver who could eventually push Ryan Hewitt for snaps at H-back. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 6, Pick 21 (197) Derron Smith FS 5'10" 200 Fresno St. 5.6

Pick Analysis: The Bengals got excellent value here if Smith stays healthy. He is a 2nd day talent who likely fell due to concerns over recent sports hernia surgery. Smith is undersized, but he is of the better cover safeties in this draft and should contribute early in subpackage looks. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 7, Pick 21 (238) Mario Alford WR 5'8" 180 West Virginia

2014: Started all 13 games. Led Big 12 and team in receiving TDs. 2013: Played in 12 games, started five games. Ranked 17th in Big 12 in receiving yards. 2012 (Georgia Military College): Primary position was running back. Led team in rushing with 541 yards on 52 carries with 6 TDs. 2011 (Georgia Military College): Primary position was running back. PRO DAY RESULTS 40-yard dash: 4.32 and 4.27 seconds

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be one of the most Ho Hum Bengals

drafys in awhile.

Besides the second round pick which was a head scratcher. The Bengals basically hit every need they had in the draft. I'm fine with the draft besides the second round pick. With them picking a guy in first round who probably won't help much this year. I would have liked to seen a second round pick that could have helped this year.

Big messages sent in this one. They are going to run run run and run some more. They know AD cannot carry them to the Promised Land without help.

Also, they closed the door on Gresham ,bolted it and put a barricade behind it to say "you ain't coming back here big guy".

Their worst draft ever Number 1 pick who had a serious acl injury in the bowl game, one dude has questionable character, two tight ends and a bowling ball 5-8 receiver. Just bolsters an 8-8 team. Steelers get a Bengal basher in Dupree and Browns do well.

Their worst draft ever Number 1 pick who had a serious acl injury in the bowl game, one dude has questionable character, two tight ends and a bowling ball 5-8 receiver. Just bolsters an 8-8 team. Steelers get a Bengal basher in Dupree and Browns do well.

Anthony Munoz had two or three ACL knee surgeries before they drafted him. How'd that work out. If this guy is half as good, I'll take it.

I really have no problem with this draft. The Bengals have drafted well for the last few years and I never thought I'd say this but I actually trust in the Bengals when it comes to drafting players. I think they definitely filled some needs and I love taking an O Lineman in the 1st two rounds, they play in the AFC North and have one of the best running back duos in the NFL. The TE Kroft sounds like the real deal as does the LB from TCU. Alford from WVU will be a steal in the 7th round IMO and is the type of receiver they needed.

Big messages sent in this one. They are going to run run run and run some more. They know AD cannot carry them to the Promised Land without help.

Also, they closed the door on Gresham ,bolted it and put a barricade behind it to say "you ain't coming back here big guy".

Even though I am not a huge fan of the 2nd round pick because pretty much our 1st two picks won't help out at all this year unless there are injuries. With that said it could potentially help in saving money for next off season. With both their tackles free agents, you would assume one is definitely gone and maybe both. They also drafted a safety late and the Shaw kid from USC could play either safety or corner, so they have added depth to positions for guys they could lose in free agency. So they definitely should have the money to extend Green because they are setting themselves up to not have to sign some of these guys back.

I also think this means the end of Tate being the returner which should make everyone happier. Hopefully the 7th round pick could make more big plays in the return game but be as reliable at protecting the ball as Tate was.

I also just think it means that they really want to do the double tight end look that they wanted to do last year before Eifert got hurt. You have a guy in Hill who I believe will end up being one of the top 5 RB's in the NFL this year, and I definitely think they can be a top running team. They were 6th in the NFL last year.

I am really interested in seeing if they try to use Gio more as a receiver this year in the slot. Since I think they now also know that Hill is the best option at runningback. However Gio is so skilled you have to find ways to get the ball in his hands too. So I am interested in seeing if they use him at receiver more to go along with 8 to 10 carries a game.

The drafting of the two TE's I guess was smart in another way. They basically have now two TE's who are more true receiver types in Eifert and the fifth round guy they got from Auburn. Then two TE types who are very good blockers but are capable of catching passes in the TE from Rutgers they just drafted and obviously Hewitt who is the fullback but can easily play TE. So I think the Bengals definitely positioned themselves to make sure that even if injuries happen they won't have to go away from the two TE set this year like they had to last year after Eifert got hurt.

Like any draft the value will not be known for years. That said the OTs will help that not become a bigger position of need than it was last year when they had to get a guy off his couch to start.

The TEs, a DL guy, a receiver that can return all needs. Hopefully they all work out. Not worried about drafting guys with bad reps......first there are a lot of them in the draft and second the Bengals have had success with guys that are not choirboys.