Could Cooper have been built in a worse spot??

PigSkin Junkie

Alarming news from Burlington/Union tonight as a head-on collision has injured at least 2 teens on Camp Ernst Road near Cooper High. Camp Ernst is curvy, hilly, treacherous in good weather, nevermind bad weather and then add in a couple hundred teens driving on it twice a day or more. The "other" way out, via Longbranch to US42 is equally bad. I cringe when I see a bus full of kids coming at me on that road between Longbranch Elementary and Orleans.

Prayers for the Jags involved and their families and friends tonight.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alarming news from Burlington/Union tonight as a head-on collision has injured at least 2 teens on Camp Ernst Road near Cooper High. Camp Ernst is curvy, hilly, treacherous in good weather, nevermind bad weather and then add in a couple hundred teens driving on it twice a day or more. The "other" way out, via Longbranch to US42 is equally bad. I cringe when I see a bus full of kids coming at me on that road between Longbranch Elementary and Orleans.

Prayers for the Jags involved and their families and friends tonight.

Try driving it in a big FedEx truck. It's even worse at night with ZERO street lights.

Prayers sent.

Thinking too of the driver of the SUV as Reports now say she was also critically injured. Rumors have been swirling all night but I have it on pretty good authority that one boy will not recover from his injuries.

All the road widening and straightening going on in Boone Cointy - should the roads around Cooper be added and/or moved to the top of the list??

Thinking too of the driver of the SUV as Reports now say she was also critically injured. Rumors have been swirling all night but I have it on pretty good authority that one boy will not recover from his injuries.

All the road widening and straightening going on in Boone Cointy - should the roads around Cooper be added and/or moved to the top of the list??

Such a shame.

If not on the top of the list, how about LIGHTS!!!!

I hate to be that guy, but it begs the question: Did Boone Co. get too big too fast, population-wise? I have always had a hard time believing that the county could possibly safely keep up with all the expansion, infrastructure-wise.