Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Guilty On All Counts

Eligible for the death penalty. Not many federal death penalty cases out there. Only 3 executions on federal sentences in the last 25 years.

Tsarnaev guilty of all 30 counts in Boston bombing

The bombs Dzhokhar Tsarnaev planted with his brother at the Boston Marathon killed three people, wounded more than 250 and left a scarred city searching for answers.

On Wednesday, nearly two years later, a jury weighed in with a decisive verdict, finding Tsarnaev guilty of all 30 counts that he faced in the deadly bombings and their aftermath.

The highly anticipated decision came after 11½ hours of deliberations.

Tsarnaev, 21, stood with his head bowed and his hands clasped as the verdict was read.

Is anybody really shocked that he is getting the death penalty?

I don't think most will be surprised that he is eligible for the death penalty. The interesting (and possibly surprising) part will be what is actually imposed.

He has to get the death penalty. No other option, IMO. And don't draw it out either. Sentence him, and do it.

No way he gets the death penalty, he is a Muslim and our current administration caters to Muslims as not to make them mad.

The Univ of Mich backed down showing American Sniper because Muslim students said it caused islamaphobe, http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/04/08/students-force-university-to-cancel-screening-american-sniper/

what makes anyone think we will kill this Muslim. His religious beliefs called for what he did

I'm not typically a fan of the death penalty. I think it is often discriminatory and given to higher numbers of minorities and the poor. However, this case seems cut and dried. He's clearly guilty and should receive the harshest penalty (similar to Timothy McVeigh).

I think he wants to die, so we would just be giving him what he wants. Put him in a maximum facility prison with other American murderers and let them take care of him for awhile. That would be the worst thing legally I could think of for him.

If he wants to die why didn't he go the suicide by cop route his brother did? He's a coward. Drag him kicking and screaming to the death chamber and after strapping him down cover him with pork fat and stick the needle in.

If he was truly the pawn of his brother that his attorney is going to claim he is why when his brother died didn't he give himself up and why did he scrawl his Jihadi tripe in the boat he cowered in?