Bell County 35 Tates Creek 20

Birdsfan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a very entertaining game. Sparks from Tates Creek is very impressive. Bell had to play the 2nd half without QB Kyle Nelson, who probably got a concussion on the last play before halftime playing safety. Shawnta Zachery stepped up and filled in nicely at the QB spot.

Nice win for the Bobcats! Undefeated regular season at 10-0.

Hey Strongopenyon,

I know it hurts man... But that is Mountain football. Bell SIMPLY hands the ball off

And beat a school with DOUBLE the male enrollment.

The only thing that hurts your theory is they lost to Henry Clay last year AT the bobcat hilton.

The only thing that hurts your theory is they lost to Henry Clay last year AT the bobcat hilton.

One must not forget that in that game, which Bell should have won, Bell was winning with about four minutes to go. This that a much stronger Henry Clay team and a very young sophomore driven Bobcat bunch. Bell got a horrible 4th down spot...and official refused to measure....which is my understanding that a coach can call for one anytime.....and gave HC the ball. Give Dudley that lead with that time left...and handing off seems real appropriate. Get that first down and Bell would have run out the clock and Minnefield would not have had the opportunity to line up for direct snap and single-handedly rescue the HC win. Tremendous athlete!

.......who also hands the ball off on every play![/quote [/b]

If you new anything about this backup, you would also know that on probably 80% of all the schools in the state of kentucky he could step in and start. I am not saying he would take anyones position but he could be the man when called on, Anywhere!

There is no jealousy here at all.

My point is, if you lose your starting quarterback to injury, and have to go with your backup quarterback in the second half, it makes things easier on that backup if you hand the football off on every play. I am told that is what happened in the Tates Creek/Bell County game.

No disrespect, jealousy at all to Dudley Hilton and the Bell County Bobcats. Just stating the facts of the matter. I have always admired the hardnose style of football that Dudley's teams have played.

Tates Creek may have double the male enrollment, but Bell Co., had more players on their team.

I'm sorry I know this is going to upset the plethora of Bell Co. posters on here but if Bell Co wins 4-A this year, 4-A is terrible. Tates Creek starts 3 freshmen and anywhere from 6-9 sophomores, and 4-5 Jr's.

This is the worst TC team ever. Bell Co., barely won and before you go whining about officiating, TC also had their bad share of calls.

Ty Sparks ran over Bell Co's defense. What will Shane Israel and Greg Raglin do?

Bell Co. congrats on a hard fought physical win, you should be proud about coming to Lexington and beating a larger school. But an honest assessment of someone who has seen a lot of football this year tells me a state title is out of reach.

I love hard nosed ball as much as anyone else, but TC had no trouble getting the corner on Bell Co., and I would describe the Creek as the one of the least athletically gifted teams in the state. Yet they still had more team speed.

Personally, if Bell Co. wants to beat Catholic the best chanve is with #2 at QB he is better, becasue he gives you guys another option which is a dual threat QB.

Before I end this message, I know I've made some people mad, but the 3rd round and beyond of the playoffs are a diferent world than McCreary Central and the like. I hope you guys dominate Lexington Catholic and everyone and bring a title home to the mountains, but after seeing the TC game, there are a lot of things to work on.

One must not forget that in that game, which Bell should have won, Bell was winning with about four minutes to go. This that a much stronger Henry Clay team and a very young sophomore driven Bobcat bunch. Bell got a horrible 4th down spot...and official refused to measure....which is my understanding that a coach can call for one anytime.....and gave HC the ball. Give Dudley that lead with that time left...and handing off seems real appropriate. Get that first down and Bell would have run out the clock and Minnefield would not have had the opportunity to line up for direct snap and single-handedly rescue the HC win. Tremendous athlete!

So you got cooked on your home field last year. :rolleyes:

What about the year before when the devils hung 50 on you in a blowout?

:laugh: