I have a confession to make...

theguru

For the last five months, I have been carrying on with something that, had I used better judgment, I would've never started. I have been pulling sort of a fraud on all of you. What I am about to say is going to come as a shock to a lot of you; especially to the mods.

Since late October of last year, I have been secretly pretending to be another poster on this board. I'm sure most of you know the poster named CheerNbHappy. This is really, me. The whole thing was started as a little joke. I only meant to pull the leg of a few posters that I thought had gotten a little carried away. This thing quickly got out of hand and I just didn't know how to stop it without damaging my reputation or BGP in general.

I made her up and used pictures from a good friend of mine for her avatar and guess who picture. I have had some help writing many of her posts so that they would sound like they came from a girl.

As I said, this wasn't supposed to go this far. I got caught up in something that I soon found that I couldn't control. CheerNbHappy quickly became wildly popular on BGP. The character started to draw interest from many of the guys and even a few romantic overtures. I'm afraid I even went so far as to exchange PMs with a few posters and used a separate Email address to exchange Emails with some people.

I want to sincerely apologize to anyone I may have hurt with this stupid trick. This was NOT a smart thing to do and I should have done the right thing and ended it a long time ago. I hope you all can forgive me and try to overlook my mistake. I'm not proud of what I did and I promise you I won't do anything like this again. I wanted BGP to be a fun place and I guess I just tried too hard.

I might never have admitted to this and I could have just let the CheerNbHappy character fade away; had it not been for a recent disturbing incident. One of our posters, who I had been exchanging Emails with (as Cheer), suddenly and without warning, proposed marriage to me. This was when I knew this had to stop!

I want to give a special apology to Birdsfan and all those that may have grown (and in one case, to the extreme) attached to the Cheer character. I also need to apologize to Dfenz and Mr. Network for openly deceiving them. It was never my intention to hurt any of you guys or anyone else.

Again, I hope you all can forgive me in the spirit of good humor. You are the one's that make BluegrassPreps.com the great place that it is. Stay with us and we'll make BGP even better!

Besides, it's a lot of work be the head of the Gurunators AND the Chick Nation.:bunny:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Farley_Fan

theguru I dont want to ruin your prank but could this be an April Fools?

I am not going to beg anyone to believe me.

Trust me, I have big plans for April Fools day.:devil:

Originally posted by Poster Boy

This is incredible! How did you make it seem so real all these months? You fooled me totally.:confused:

I had most of you eating out of my hand. Don't worry PB, I won't tell anyone close to you what we talked about.:lol:

Originally posted by Poster Boy

This is incredible! How did you make it seem so real all these months? You fooled me totally.:confused:

it's been a horrific pain in the butt. mrs. guru helped me on some of the posts, to feminize them. and i took some advice from female friends. it's exhausting work, let me tell you