Frankfort vs Paris thoughts predictions

pigman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this prediction last week with Garrad beating Paris.

Paris beat GC 46-7.

I don't think Frankfort is going to come to Paris and walk over top of them.

I am going to say Paris is going to earn this one.

And probably around them too.

What does Paris have this year that they didnt have last year?

From what I have seen they have a much improved team- stronger- faster.

Sadly, Sr. starting RB Marcus Hall evidentelly is out- he had surgery on his foot.

Jr. RB D.L. Wilhite (6'4 225) is the starting RB.

A new soph. Tion Thomas that has light"n" speed. Thomas and Wilhite together are racking up much yards.

They returned their healthy QB, that was injured early last year, J.R. Trumbo.

They do return a Big Line that is in the "much improved" category.

I see a very aggressive very strong defense. Middle Linebacker Travis Angel is a Jr., he looks and works like a horse. Talking about getting some attention?!?

I think their Large Sr. class- returning 15 starters- this combination, I see determination.

They also have a "media-blitz" with many D1 colleges recruiting lineman Chase Dumphord (6'6 310). There is a lot of excitement there right now.

Overall I see Paris having an "aresenal" of athletes that can run the ball. They have a very aggresive and strong defense.

It is early in the season but we all see what happens. Just good to see Paris winning again- hope they keep it up! They have a good tradition there, hope it gets ressurected.

Frankfort by 4 TD's. Robinson runs for 200 plus yards and Paris scores on the JV's in the 4th quarter!!

Wilhite has ran for over 200 yds each game. Two other rb each have had over 100 yds per game, only like 2-3 carries.

Paris' JV has played the 4th qtr. for the last two games.

Half Time scores have been 20+ points.

Paris has played well, albeit against average competition. Wilhite apparently had over 200 yards against Garrard. Back in them olden days (longer ago than most of you were alive), Paris was one of the toughest places in the state to win. I say Paris upsets Frankfort uses it as motivation the rest of the year. Paris, say, 29-28.

Who has paris Played so far?

Knott Central (scrimmage) W

Pendelton Co W

Garrad Co. W

(of which none are single A- nor where they push-over teams)

I do agree with your earlier statement- Paris still does have a way to go.

Frankfort will be a real test for them. I just am not agreeing with others on a blow-out like last year. I think Paris is a much improved team, and I like I stated earlier I don't think Frankfort will blow them them out this year. Can't take nothing away from Frankfort- they still have their speed and still have some good skilled players. Frankfort also has a good coach. However he did run the score up- but not complaining, because the game must go on regardless...

And it is too early to tell how and what a team is going to do- BUT They are coming off with impressive wins- Varsity Players- JV helps- and the Freshmen

Paris is a small class A school - most starters play both sides (but most schools do the same regardless of #s)- Paris' freshmen are scoring in the 4th qrtr. not the varsity. Previous poster didn't know what he was talking about.

However he did run the score up- but not complaining, because the game must go on regardless...

I played for Foley, and know him personally...I HIGHLY doubt he purposely ran the score up...If your team cant stop the second string, thats something your coaching staff needs to address...

Paris has played well, albeit against average competition. Wilhite apparently had over 200 yards against Garrard. Back in them olden days (longer ago than most of you were alive), Paris was one of the toughest places in the state to win. I say Paris upsets Frankfort uses it as motivation the rest of the year. Paris, say, 29-28.

I was alive and well in the early 80's and saw them play in the State Championship games and when they went 38-0. Great Years- Great Memories.

Paris in the 80's was a Powerhouse in Class A.

Paris beating "average" teams when they are being considered below average, wouldn't you say that is an improvement?

They are coming off as the underdogs- and ain't nothing wrong with that...

I played for Foley, and know him personally...I HIGHLY doubt he purposely ran the score up...If your team cant stop the second string, thats something your coaching staff needs to address...

If you read the post:I stated- no one was complaining and that sometimes the game must go on regardless... I agree...

I also know Coach Foley personally- no one is disrespecting him- no one accused him- don't get so defensive