Everything posted by pastmyprime
-
Will Heritage Hire a Coach?
Coach Offutt was a class act. What he did for Josh Neace at Silver Grove back in 2007 will never be forgotten.
-
Will Heritage Hire a Coach?
What about one of the Capel's? I really don't know how school administrators can do this to their kids.
-
Covington Holy Cross Coach?
If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised if Marty Nienaber ends up as the girls coach.
-
What's the Call?
No. All three points (ball, both feet) have to already be established in the front court before going into the backcourt to be a violation.
-
Match the Nicknames
Wayland Wasps
-
Bellevue names Mike Herald as Boys' Head Coach!
Correct, I forgot Wolfzorn. So that is 6 in 9 years.
-
Bellevue names Mike Herald as Boys' Head Coach!
Mike has had success at numerous schools, but never stayed very long. The biggest question is how long will he stay? Bellevue desperately needs someone to stay at least 5 years. Isn't this the 5th coach in 8 years? Swags, Listerman, Minor, Vories and Herald.
-
2008 Fleming County
I think they play at Grant Co. on Friday. They are supposed to have a decent group of juniors. Coach Peterson will get the most out of them.
-
New Boone County Head Coach
I just question the judgement of a coach that holds a mandatory practice during another sport. To be honest, I have never heard of any situation like that. What would happen if the starting poing guard takes one off the hand a breaks something or vice versa, in April, your ace turns an ankle playing hoops. To win any games at a school with around 30 boys is quite an achievement, let alone 15 or 20 games a season a few times. I commend him for that, but feel he made a few bad decisions at the same time.
-
New Boone County Head Coach
Bad hire in my opinion and the Rebels will find out sooner than later.
-
Top 10 9th Region Player Luke Maile
Could another reason stem from Listerman getting rid of Luke's grandpa 2 years ago? From what I hear, there is still a lot of anamosity over that within the Maile family.
-
NKYFL H.O.F. Banquet
Congrats to Jason Skirvin of Dayton-one of the best running backs in the last 20 years in Northern Kentucky. Not only a great, hard nosed runner-but even a better person. Skirvin was one of the small school players that could have played and been successful anywhere. It is a shame he had a major injury at Georgetown.
-
Cov. Cath Coach?
Faust-hands down. I saw them play the first game of the season last year and they were awful. They were a completely different team by the All A 7 weeks later. He does more, with the talent he has, year in and year out.
-
Bellevue Coach Out????
Where is Sorrell from?
-
Bellevue Coach Out????
If a coach or assigned team rep misses more than 2 of the N. KY Coaches Assoc. meetings, then that team's players are ineligible for the all conference team. I have a pretty good feeling that may have been the case with Kessen.
-
Bracken Co. Loyalty?
On a side note, why don't Augusta and Bracken become one school? Has this ever been discussed? (The same with the Grove and Campbell as well.)
-
Newport Central Catholic 2008/2009
The Breds return a very good backcourt in Pangallo and Connor. Matt Giesler is a 6'2" forward who started at the end of the season. Shawn Meyer hit some big shots last year, including a buzzer beater against Trinity and will likely play the 3. Seniors Olberding and Roll will compete for the center position, along with Jake Giesler. Jake is a 6'5" soph who will be very good. NewCath should have some decent depth after winning the JV Regional last year. As always, they will play a very competitive schedule and compete for the All A. They only have a few footballers on the roster, so they should get an earlier start than usual.
-
NCC
Yes. Ron's daughter is married to Steve Pangallo. Ron will do a great job.
-
NCC
Looks like it will be Ron Dawn. http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog06&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ade3ab7e7-5e43-4e32-8612-155786b59a09Post%3a631a8524-15c8-4b88-aaf4-ce82302cd07d&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com
-
NCC
Is she still going to stay as a teacher or is she leaving NewCath totally?
-
Bishop Brossart looking for new coaches...all of them
I am sure NewCath doesn't mind that Brossart is having all these problems.
-
Bishop Brossart looking for new coaches...all of them
Does anyone know why they were fired?
-
Transy Team Camp
The kid to watch is Jake Giesler, who will be a soph. He is 6'5 and was very impressive when I saw him play a few weeks ago.
-
Cooper High - Tim Sullivan is the new head coach
The delay in naming a coach will set their program back years. They face enough challenges already with the schedule they will have to play. I don't understand some of the choices (or lack of) that some ADs and administrators make. In this case, the wrong decision would have been better than no decision. Honestly, I don't think they could go wrong with Pittman or Garnett. Stuff like this and Brossart firing their entire football staff in the 2nd week of June is completely idiotic, and not fair to the kids-which are the people who matter most.
-
Silver Grove 2008/2009
GO BIG TRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!