Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov. Cath Coach?

Featured Replies

Who is the Coach of Cov. Cath's Boys team? How long has he coached and what kind of record? Persoanal opinions on how good against competition in his area and role model.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the Coach of Cov. Cath's Boys team? How long has he coached and what kind of record? Persoanal opinions on how good against competition in his area and role model.

 

Mike Listerman. Has been at CovCath quite some time. I don't know his overall record, but its really, really strong. He's a demanding coach from what I know and can be rather fiery at times, but a great guy. I've known him since his days at St. Thomas High School. I think he's an excellent coach. As for a role model, I've never had a son play for him so I may not be the best person to answer your question, but what I know of him, he's a very religious and family oriented man that stresses hard work, committment and team play. Hope that helps. (Man, I hope I just didn't convince a parent to send his/her son to play hoops at CovCath and I hope I just didn't violate the KHSAA recruiting rule:banana:).

Mike Listerman...First season as a head coach was 2000-2001... long time assistant to Dan Tieman. Record not sure on the numbers but pretty darn good (IMO around 750 win percentage, 2nd highest in school history)

 

Good hard working, God fearing, family first man...

Mike Listerman. Has been at CovCath quite some time. I don't know his overall record, but its really, really strong. He's a demanding coach from what I know and can be rather fiery at times, but a great guy. I've known him since his days at St. Thomas High School. I think he's an excellent coach. As for a role model, I've never had a son play for him so I may not be the best person to answer your question, but what I know of him, he's a very religious and family oriented man that stresses hard work, committment and team play. Hope that helps. (Man, I hope I just didn't convince a parent to send his/her son to play hoops at CovCath and I hope I just didn't violate the KHSAA recruiting rule:banana:).

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... KHSAA recruiting rule... no one knows how those go....

Who is the Coach of Cov. Cath's Boys team? How long has he coached and what kind of record? Persoanal opinions on how good against competition in his area and role model.

 

Why so nosey?? Trying to lure him away??? He's pretty much the coaching yardstick in NKY.

  • Author
His record at Cov Cath is 186 wins and 55 losses

 

How long has he been at Cov Cath? How long has he been a basketball coach?

How long has he been at Cov Cath? How long has he been a basketball coach?

 

All of us NKY Bball fans are quite interested in why you are so quite interested?

 

There are many many many post on this site that talk about the long story and history of Coach Mike Listerman.

Listerman IMO is the best coach in NKY as of right now with Henley coming in 2nd. He demands a lot from his kids and knows his x's and o's. Great role model from what I hear.

:lol: I need to stay out of this thread. So many Highlands fans loving on a CCH person, it's killing me- then again, he is from Ft. Thomas. :lol:

 

I too wonder why Beta is so interested......

Listerman IMO is the best coach in NKY as of right now with Henley coming in 2nd. He demands a lot from his kids and knows his x's and o's. Great role model from what I hear.

 

Says who? Many including me would disagreee. Does he have the most talent year in year out? yeah. Is he the best coach???? Questionable. I like Faust as #1 but that is being biased.

 

I also like Mike Code as the next best coach in NKY. Then Henley, then Schlarman, then Jim Hicks at Conner. Then possibly my 6th pick as a coach would be Mike Listerman.

 

But I still like a lot of the young coaches around also....Sullivan will be good eventually when he gets some talent, Carr is going to pay off eventually, and Trent Stiener also is a good coach at SK.

 

People in Boone Co don't like what McQueary is doing but, all the coaches in the region seem to have his back and respect everything he has done also.

 

NKY is loaded with some good coaches.

Says who? Many including me would disagreee. Does he have the most talent year in year out? yeah. Is he the best coach???? Questionable. I like Faust as #1 but that is being biased.

 

I also like Mike Code as the next best coach in NKY. Then Henley, then Schlarman, then Jim Hicks at Conner. Then possibly my 6th pick as a coach would be Mike Listerman.

 

But I still like a lot of the young coaches around also....Sullivan will be good eventually when he gets some talent, Carr is going to pay off eventually, and Trent Stiener also is a good coach at SK.

 

People in Boone Co don't like what McQueary is doing but, all the coaches in the region seem to have his back and respect everything he has done also.

 

NKY is loaded with some good coaches.

 

6th? No way. He's my selection at #1. Holmes coach is right there also. All I know is that the 9th region banners are being in Covington and Park Hills.

Dave Faust, hands down is the best coach in the 9th region!!!!!

Dave Faust, hands down is the best coach in the 9th region!!!!!

 

Were not the only two that think this. Every year someone puts a poll or brings up this discussion and every year it seems Faust is the favorite.

 

He is one of most respected coaches in the state.

Were not the only two that think this. Every year someone puts a poll or brings up this discussion and every year it seems Faust is the favorite.

 

He is one of most respected coaches in the state.

 

I agree that Coach Faust is top notch. If he had the talent year in & year out that Holmes & CovCath does, he would definitely have more than the 1 regional championship he currently owns.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.